Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Stage 1 Complete. G/f Is Aquiring LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by shipglock40 View Post
    Congrats!

I know that I have tried with my girlfriend and it is like talking to a wall. She likes guns,hunting,etc. But insists that there is no need for me to carry a firearm. Oh well, I will just keep trying............
    Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    Congratulations. That is a significant step forward.

I just wish I could report similar. Just last week my wife told me something, that sent chills down my spine. She works a seasonal part time job at a place that does tax returns. It's January for crying out loud and few people even have all their W2's yet ... so it is slow business. So last week she was last one to leave at 9PM. Around 8:45, some half drunk guy with a 6-pack and some other items in a plastic bag comes in and starts asking her about her name, phone number, where she lives ... all the while he is putting on his gloves!!!

Fortunately, she kept her cool and got his name, address, phone and social instead, to call back tomorrow because "we're closing". The guy left. But then what? The car is parked in a spot, not visible from inside the office. How to get there after that?

What does it actually take for a woman to overcome the fear of guns, in order to carry one? A more frightful encounter of the being a rape victim kind?

Jan
    "Honey, I'm not telling you to carry all the time, or even that you have to carry at all. It's just to protect you from all the crazy laws. Like that time we had to stop by my work, and you had to come in with me even though you didn't want to because I couldn't legally leave you in the car with a gun. Or that time we were coming back from the range and you wanted to pick up something at Wal Mart. Without an LTCF that wouldn't be legal. Same thing for that time we needed to stop and use the facilities. Do you want to get arrested because you had to pee at the wrong time? Or because we forgot a handgun was left in the car? If you're around me, and I have handguns then having an LTCF just protects you from getting in trouble accidently."

"And if you do decide to carry then you can. You're always saying how scary things are getting in your parents old neighbohood, and that they should get a gun. If you had your license you could take your gun when you visited. I know you don't want to carry it, but an LTCF would allow you to take it in the car, and take it to your parents house when you visit. You know they don't run a range or gun shop, so it's technically illegal to transport a gun in a car to their house. Unless you have an LTCF, then you just don't have to worry about this BS."

"Were passing through another school zone. Without an LTCF we would be breaking a federal law. We'd both be felons right now."
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Luzerne County)

when i was at the sheriff's office getting my ltcf, I was outside in the waiting area w/ a few guys ahead of me...I overheard 2 of them jokingly talking about what a dumb idea it would be to let there wife get one and how dangerous it would be for them...one of them said he tells his wife that they don't give them out to women, the other one comes back and said he told his wife it's a couple thousand dollar class you have to take and they only offer it at night, lol, it was pretty funny

on a more serious note, my now ex-girlfriend is carrying a S&W .38 revolver everyday thanks to me and is a damn good shot with it...my current g/f is not anti gun or anything but she isn't exactly comfortable around them, so I've got my work cut out for me in the near future

(Lancaster County)

a couple months ago my fiance mentioned about getting hers "just incase" i gotta go renew mine in febuary and she will be with. if shes serious about it i will have her fill out the paperwork then. i even told her i will pay for it. time will tell......hoping she will.

(Cambria County)

My wife actually had hers before I got mine. Her dad talked her into. Honestly I think if i got mine and she did not have hers, she probably would not have it. It comes in handy , especially when i leave my .380 locked in the glove box and she takes the car. She has no desire to carry on her person all the time, but loves to know its in the car.. Beats me

And just casually this woman told me yesterday that she went to the Abington PD and filled out that check card. Which means that she will get her license.

She always finishes what she starts. But she never fails to surprise me anyway.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Lancaster County)

didnt want to start a new thread. my fiance got hers today when i renewed mine. now comes the fun off looking into a carry gun for her. im looking into a bersa thunder 380....any suggestions. shes only 5', 100lbs.

(Lehigh County)

My wife has her LTCF but doesn't like to shoot very often. I get her to put a few mags down range and she is done. She does carry almost every day.

I tried to get her to go pistol shopping and she has no interest. She is happy carrying my SW380... I guess I shouldn't push it but, I have been trying to get her to get a pistol with a little more of that mythical "knock down power" I have read about. She hasn't liked anything else she has tried.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

that is great news!..my wife also had hers, I loved when we would go shooting together.

now you 2 have something else in common, or soon will.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Well we have been talking (about the past 2 months or so) about her getting her LTCF incase something would happen to me or if she would need to transport my pistol somewhere.
    This is the same logic I'm gonna use on my girlfriend to convince her to get an LTCF. "What if I need to go to Jersey or NYC and I need you to take my pistol home so I can stay legal?" Unfortunately for me, this happens more often than I'd like.

Chimpanzees would fly out of my ass before I could ever get her to carry, though. I think news reports of innocent people being attacked would be much more likely to get the job done. She lives in a relatively safe area, but often goes home alone to a dark house in a poorly-lit neighborhood.

(Franklin County)

Didn't notice this thread had new posts in it!

Franklin County only took 5 days to get her money, approve her, and mail the card. Outrageous considering it took me the full 45.

She's getting more and more interested in carrying. Not keen on OC yet but we will work on it

She has her heart set on an XD subcompact. She's handled tons and that's the one she likes best so far. If we can find out at a decent price in York this weekend shes going to pick it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast