Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Pure Kustom Holster Review!!

So, after having and wearing my new Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro holster for about two weeks, I feel like I know enough about it to do a proper review. First off, this isn't a "I never knew how much difference a good holster and belt could make" review. I have been using Crossbreed Supertucks and a Wilderness Tactical belt for years, so I know what comfort is!! What this review, and holster, is about for me is "toughness" and "refinement".

Before I get started, I want you to know what a good guy Rocky, the owner and maker, is. Business phone is his home phone. He works his ass off for this business, and he really loves it, you can tell. He is also very much into 2A advocacy and is a great guy to talk to.

My last Crossbreed for my Glock 30 was just beginning to see some wear and, instead of ordering another, I decided to look around a bit. Don't get me wrong, I love my Crossbreed (still reccommend them to anyone actually) but I was also getting a holster for my Dads Kimber Warrior and that had me thinking about some good custom gunleather. I looked around a lot and read a bunch of reviews before I decided to call Pure Kustom. As luck would have it, Rocky was just finishing up the exact model I wanted (B.O.P. in black) so I had it in my hands 4-5 days later! My first impressions were "WOW". The holster is beautiful, very beautiful, and the leather is awesome. While it is smooth and shiny outside it is HARD, like as in Kydex hard, so one handed reholstering is a snap. Upon first putting my gun in it was stuck, a good thing. I did what Rocky said and put the gun in the bag it came in and left it overnight and, even more so than expected, the fit was perfect. It retains the gun very well, "popping" out with a firm draw. Next I had to find my ride height and postion option, of which it is adjusable like 100 different ways. When I got it, I knew it right away, it just melted into place and stayed there, totally comfortable and totally concealed. I actually, against my better judgment, used the holser the very next day at a Defensive Pisol course and it perfomed beautifully.

Ironically, as well as it conceals, I find myself wearing it OWB 90% of the time, for two reasons. First, it is so stiff and comfortable that it conceals just as well OWB. It doesnt bend or droop way from my body like some other pancakes have, it stays high and tight all day. Secondly, its just friggin gorgeous and I like to show it off it my friends!!

At $175 shipped it is certainly not the least expensive option, but MORE than worth it to me. Besides the looks, it is supremely functional and can be worn IWB or OWB equally well at many different postions and cants, effectively taking the place of several other holsters. Rocky has a lifetime warrenty, and is a man I believe will honor it. Quality-wise, its right there with Alessi and del Fatti. Its a step up into another class of holster, although I want to avoid making it seem "too pretty". It is a tough, hard-use piece that will last a loooong time. I love mine and if you get one you will love yours too!
    Last edited by Kb! Bob; January 18th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pure Kustom Holster Review!!

nice review.

now you have to write up an AAR for the Training forum on the class you took with it

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    nice review.

now you have to write up an AAR for the Training forum on the class you took with it

AAR= Cold as shit, shot lot. Kidding, I'm working on it, I'll post it ASAP!

What no pictures?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pure KustomŽ View Post
    What no pictures?
    How did I know that was coming, "Pics or it didn't happen!". I'll get some up ASAP, hopefully tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    How did I know that was coming, "Pics or it didn't happen!". I'll get some up ASAP, hopefully tomorrow morning.
    Thanks for the Review Bob,

lol, Yah, I figured you knew that was coming. It's always nice to see a handgun in it's new home!!!