Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Officer from my agency stabbed

I got the call on SAT morning that and officer from the agency I am retired from was seriously stabbed. Here is the story related to me by a Sergeant that I field trained and served on the SWAT team with.

OFC Duncan was working secondary employment in full uniform outside of the Diamond Club. The club employees and officer to stand in the lobby and assist at the door.

At approx 0145 hrs OFC Duncan was notified that there was a fight in the parking lot. Unbeknown to OFC Duncan the suspect was beating his girlfriend in the parking lot when several people tried to intervene. The suspect produced a flea market version of a Smith & Wesson folder with a 50/50 blade with a 3.5 inch blade. Before OFC Duncan's arrival one victim was stabbed 8 times in the back and another in the eye. Upon OFC Duncan's arrival he found several people attempting to subdue the suspect. As OFC Duncan attempted to assist he was stabbed 6 times in the upper left thigh. At this point several other people dogpiled the suspect and held him on the ground. One of his fingers was severed as he was tackled on the knife.

Upon the arrival of my buddy he found OFC Duncan laying in a huge pool of blood from a Femoral bleed. My buddy used a belt and is ASP to make a tourniquet that probably saved Duncan's life. Duncan was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore where he underwent surgery and expected to make a full recovery.

Here are some thoughts-

So much for the 21 foot rule. At this point it looks like OFC Duncan did not even see the knife which is the case in most cuttings/stabbings. He arrived to a dog pile in progress in a low light situation. I have been in many altercations in the same parking lot and the lighting is very poor to say the least.

Including OFC Duncan' there were five people stabbed with no fatalities. I believe one person remains in critical positon. It sounds like OFC Duncan was immediately out of the fight after being stabbed and the suspect chose not to continue the assault.

So much for not having to use a tourniquet in an urban settting.

As I find out more information I will post it. Here is the news story.

Off Duty Officer Stabbed At Aberdeen Club - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

- George

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Officer from my agency stabbed

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Was there any more information on the other victims? The one that was stabbed in the back 8 times?

(Bucks County)

Here's hoping OFC Duncan makes a quick, and full recovery.

I must get some first aid training.

(Centre County)

Best wishes sent.

(Allegheny County)

Best wishes sent for a fast and speedy recovery.

(Allegheny County)

I hope officer Duncan recovers fully.

Knife wounds make me cringe, and I've only seen one of them.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Direct Pressure, Elevation, Pressure Bandage, Proximal Pressure Point, Tourniquet and QuickClot or a similiar product. Saves lives every day.

Best the the PO.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Westmoreland County)

Wishes for a full recovery.

More details:

Off-Duty Officer Stabbed at Aberdeen Club
    Reported by: Amy Holzer
    Last Update: 1/18 2:40 pm

An off-duty officer, working a second job, along with three other people, were stabbed at the Diamond Club in Aberdeen early Saturday morning.

A fight broke out around 2 am Saturday morning in the parking lot of the club. One man took out a knife and stabbed 4 men, including the officer, as they attempted to break up the fight.

Kibwa Cazemba Evans 31, of Baltimore has been arrested and will be charged with several counts of attempted murder and first and second-degree assault. Evans was injured in the incident and was transported to Bayview Hospital where he was treated and released.

The officer and other victims are at Shock Trauma, in serious but stable condition.

The officer is identified as Todd Duncan, 43, a 3 year veteran of the department.

The other victims are identified as Roshon Harris, 25, of Aberdeen, who was flown to Shock Trauma; Bryan Joyner, 29, of Baltimore who was transported to Shock Trauma after being treated at Harford Memorial Hospital, and Timothy Daughton, 35, of Perryman who is also at Shock Trauma after being transferred from Harford Memorial Hospital.

Another victim, Terrance Coleman, 28, of Elkton was treated at Union Hospital in Elkton and released.
    Wishing for a speedy and full recovery for Officer Duncan and the other victims. These poor folks are still suffering in the hospital, while the PIECE OF SCUM Evans was treated and released. At least he got some hefty charges out it.

Best wishes for all.
    Another example why despite the jokes about knives and gunfights, they scare me at least as much as guns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast