Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Situational awareness both ways.

I sometimes have to leave for work real early in the morning. Well this morning I went to get in my truck, and looked down the road. I saw a guy just standing beside his car in the wee hours of the morning. He saw my lights come on and watched me as I got into my truck. Well after reading in the forums about situational awareness , I have become more aware of what's going on around me. So I upstrapped the holster of my gun to be ready if needed. I than drove up to see ehat was going on. Here his battery was dead in his car and he just needed a jump to get it going. He apparently just moved into the neighborhood just a block away. I guess what I mean by Situatonal awareness both ways, don't be so proned or ready to defend, that you don't see someone in need that could really use some help. I have always felt that if I help some one out , I will be repaid when I need it, Either myself or one of my family....
    In God We Trust............................

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Situational awareness both ways.

great observation.

and nice job helping someone in need.
    F*S=k

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    great observation.

and nice job helping someone in need.
    x2.

Waynesboro can be a pretty sketchy town in some parts. I would've tried to handle it the exact same way you did.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    I sometimes have to leave for work real early in the morning. Well this morning I went to get in my truck, and looked down the road. I saw a guy just standing beside his car in the wee hours of the morning. He saw my lights come on and watched me as I got into my truck. Well after reading in the forums about situational awareness , I have become more aware of what's going on around me. So I upstrapped the holster of my gun to be ready if needed. I than drove up to see ehat was going on. Here his battery was dead in his car and he just needed a jump to get it going. He apparently just moved into the neighborhood just a block away. I guess what I mean by Situatonal awareness both ways, don't be so proned or ready to defend, that you don't see someone in need that could really use some help. I have always felt that if I help some one out , I will be repaid when I need it, Either myself or one of my family....

Whoa! Why would you put yourself at so much risk!? If it were me, I would have snuck back into the house, alerted the family to establish a support by fire position while I donned my winter camouflage and combat vest. I would have propositioned my unmanned ground tactical vehicle (currently a little RC truck from RaidoShack) with a scrubbed prepaid cellphone inside. I would then low-crawl to a covered and concealed assault position across from the suspicious intruder. Once in position, I would drive the unmanned ground tactical vehicle over to the suspicious character and call the cell phone...

Yeah, just kidding. How does that saying go? "Be nice to everyone you meet, but have a plan to kill them?"

Good stuff.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    If it were me, I would have snuck back into the house, alerted the family to establish a support by fire position while I donned my winter camouflage and combat vest. I would have propositioned my unmanned ground tactical vehicle (currently a little RC truck from RaidoShack) with a scrubbed prepaid cellphone inside. I would then low-crawl to a covered and concealed assault position across from the suspicious intruder. Once in position, I would drive the unmanned ground tactical vehicle over to the suspicious character and call the cell phone...
    Man I love this forum

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I would have propositioned my unmanned ground tactical vehicle (currently a little RC truck from RaidoShack)
    ooohhh...i got an unmanned aerial tactical helicopter for christmas. we could hook up and take over the world!!

as long as the wind doesn't blow too hard, at least...

F*S=k

(Westmoreland County)

It's nice that you helped him, it's even better that you were on your guard from the get-go. Good job.