Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: Officer from my agency stabbed

Ive been stabbed before myself, And wish this officer a Speedy recovery, Pretty much same instance for my stabbing as well... Glad he will make a full recovery!
    Shall not be Questioned

(Allegheny County)

Best wishes to the Officer and other people. From my understanding (never been stabbed), its not a fun process to go through.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(York County)

I am working on getting more detailed information.

This is why it aggravates me so much when you talk about edged weapons and right away people talk about using a knife to defend themselves. You are way more likely to face one.

This is a situation where many people with basic first aid training may have fallen apart. The officer was laying on the ground, his gray shirt was crimson, his duty belt soaked, My buddy was soaked in blood. Other critical victims on the ground. Again they go on and on about not applying a tourniquet. That was the only option here. Even if the Sergeant had Quik Clot it would not have done anything for massive penetrating knife wounds. He would have also had to cut the officer trousers off. Chaos, pure chaos. - George

(Philadelphia County)

Not the first time I've heard of a quickly applied tourniquet saving a life. I hada friend a few years ago who kicked one of those glass/wire windows and had his leg go through... when he pulled his leg back out a good chunk of flesh & muscle came off with it. Luckily someone was on scene that tied his leg off with a belt. Saved his leg & his life.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Allegheny County)

hope your friend makes a full and quick recovery mercop.

tourniquets are definitely the way to go for extremity bleeding that won't stop with direct pressure...before quick clot/celox. quick clot/celox should only be used as a last resort as it has to all be picked out of the wound at the hospital and makes treating the person more difficult and time consuming.

imho, everyone should carry and know how to use quick clot/celox, but everyone should also carry and know how to use a tourniquet--and go to that first in the case of bleeding from an extremity that cannot be controlled with direct pressure.
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
    Best wishes for all.
    Another example why despite the jokes about knives and gunfights, they scare me at least as much as guns.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lackawanna County)

I hope Officer Duncan makes a quick and full recovery.

I can't imagine getting stabbed, let alone 6 times.

(Bucks County)

Best wishes to Ofc. Duncan, and his family! Prayers sent for his full recovery! Deepest wishes that the piece of shit that did it, spends the rest of his life in a shithole, counting cracks in the wall!

Fred

(York County)

It is looking as though OFC Duncan was approached the subject from the back as he was on top of a man stabbing him. The man hand attempted to pull the subject off his girlfriend as she lie on the ground with him stomping her chest. It appears that the most significant of the stab wounds was probably the first one about four inches up from the knee and on the inside. The subject buried all 3.5 inches of the blade into the leg cutting the femoral artery. The subsequent stabs we partially negated by the muscle density and angle of the stab in the upper thigh. Doubtful that OFC Duncan ever saw the knife from his angle and the fact that the silver knife was completely covered in blood.

As I get more information I will be attempting to reconstruct the scenario for use in classes. It is very common to have to pull one person off another. And how do we normally do that? By extending our arms out and grabbing their shoulder or head, exposing our super vascular underarms and groin.

This situation was made even worse by the level of the attacker vs OFC Duncan. Low line attacks are the hardest to deal with. The attacker being on his knees just swung around stabbing and worked his way up as he got up to his feet.- George

(York County)

This is why I believe we need not just tactical training, but current first aid/CPR training as well.
    It could save a life more often than a gun many times.
    RIP -The US constitution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast