Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It ALMOST happened!!!

Last Monday, Tuesday, after the PAFOA #6 west shoot, my wife decided she wanted to start carrying, so out we went looking for her perfect Pistol... We went to about 5 or 6 shops, one where things turned weird.. and just before purchasing the CZ compact with Decocker.. the guy pulls out a 1911... The pt1911 by Taurus!!!! Man that little gun looked so good to me, but I was out buying for Vicky and so I looked at it with regret, knowing her little fingers would have a hard time of it.

She says to me, that’s the type of gun you want isn’t it? My little brain started to compare prices, $499 or close to that for the CZ / $520 for the PT-1911… I had to put my selfish thoughts aside, knowing her fingers will not grow, knowing my model 66 S&W stabs her sides, knowing my Sigma 9mm’s trigger is a hint too far for her little hands… A bead of sweat streams down my forehead as I say
    "No hon. we are looking for your carry gun, not mine. "

But it almost happened, for the first time in a year! I heard my wife claim I might want to buy my 1911!!!! Now all I have to do is save up and re-negotiate her. Happy days are here again!!! Oh I know, it will take a while, maybe a few months of OT would help, and she also liked shooting that AR-15 at the group shoot… Santa baby! I have been a good boy! Maybe we can look at that after the 1911?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Beaver County)

Default Re: It ALMOST happened!!!

Way to go Frenchy, some people can't restrain themselves.

(Westmoreland County)

Frenchy,

I know several women that have no trouble with a 1911. Slimline grips can significantly reduce the grip circumference if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Frenchy,

I know several women that have no trouble with a 1911. Slimline grips can significantly reduce the grip circumference if needed.
    Who would I be kidding, If I got the 1911, it would NOT be for her to carry!!! She shot Jeff's 2011 and it was quite wide, but he has some mods on it too she had absolutely no problem.

Part of the problem IF she got that is she would have to fight me for it after!!! Bad enough the CZ is in my liking too, but I wouldnt have gotten the compact if it was for me.

Maybe by the time I can afford the PT-1911 they will have a 9mm version of it. Right now with bullet prices, that would help me take the decision. I know there are 1911 9mm out there, just a matter of getting the $$$ together, new truck, house... other bills come forst, might need a second job or some OT if i want my gun.
    Lets see, at $4 to $5 proffit on my pens, All i have to do is sell 100 to 150 of them this winter to get it
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

that taurus pt1911 has almost burned a hole in my pocket a few times, may I ask who had it for $520? PM it if you'd like..

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    that taurus pt1911 has almost burned a hole in my pocket a few times, may I ask who had it for $520? PM it if you'd like..
    Bud's Gun Shop has them for 479.99 no sales tax, just an FFL transfer

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/17285
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Who would I be kidding, If I got the 1911, it would NOT be for her to carry!!! She shot Jeff's 2011 and it was quite wide, but he has some mods on it too she had absolutely no problem.
    Actually, my double stack is exactly the same width as my full sized Kimber. The magwell, however........ That thing sucks mags out of pockets from across the room. The well makes the grip look bigger than it is.

I find the undercut trigger guard helps get small hands in alignment and keeping the hands high helps in balance.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Westmoreland County)

One of the guys at IPSC practice shoots a PT1911. He absolutely loves it. He has shot the crap out of it since May, when he bought it.

C'mon, Frenchy, buy the 1911. Life is short!
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Berks County)

Wish you luck on that one Frenchy. I love mine.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

ABout the only thing I have learned so far (and I learned it from EmptyMag and his Glock) is when the wife says you can get something, you better go get it before she changes her mind. (Kawasaki EX 250)

And I'm not talking about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Wifey
    Fine, just go get it then! *huff*
    That is not an offer, it is a challenge. Don't fall for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast