Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Another Armed Robbery in Northern Liberties

Posted 7:38AM 1/18/2010 by Anonymous NL Resident

"FYI. Tonight, I walked from Spring Garden to Green St up 4th and took a left to walk up Green toward 5th. About 1/3 of a block in, I was grabbed by a young man who shoved a gun in my face and demanded everything I had on me. I emptied out my pockets onto the ground, got yelled at and threatened if I didn't produce more (I had no cash on me), and he then scooped up my things and told me to run. I ran one direction and he ran the other.

Fortunately for me, the events that followed were pretty much the best I could have wished for. I ran to 4th and Spring Garden where a couple was passing. They graciously let me use their cell phone to call 911 since mine had just been stolen. I told 911 what happened and gave a detailed description of the person who robbed me. Lucky for me, an undercover police officer was sitting on Green St just west of where I was robbed and had seen the guy run past him and jump into a car. When he heard over the radio that there was just a robbery at that intersection and the description given matched the person he just saw, he chased the car down, pulled them over, and had them swarming with other police cars at 5th and Cecil B Moore by the time a police car arrived at 4th and Spring Garden to pick me up. They recovered my phone but not my apartment keys, found the gun he had used, and BAM all four people in the car went to jail. Now I just hope the 22 year old guy who held a gun to my head a few hours ago ends up with a substantial prison term for it and isn't given a slap on the wrist.

All police officers I had contact with tonight were absolutely amazing, outstanding, friendly, helpful individuals and that really made my respect for Philly's finest shoot through the roof. Huge, HUGE thanks to them.

Be careful out there, everyone."

http://northernlibertiesdotorg.typep...12/697391/show

Thumbs up Re: Another Armed Robbery in Northern Liberties

Chalk one (or four) up for Philly PD!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Another Armed Robbery in Northern Liberties

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Chalk one (or four) up for Philly PD!
    And the fifth...

"The officers at the station were urging me to get a permit to carry my handgun on me once they learned that I own one that I keep at home. I don't know. I'm just glad no one was injured, here."

Whatdayaknow...Philly cop urging citizen to get a LTCF.

Al

(Philadelphia County)

"The officers at the station were urging me to get a permit to carry my handgun on me once they learned that I own one that I keep at home. I don't know. I'm just glad no one was injured, here."

I'll never get it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by kutblok View Post

I'll never get it.

But no-one was injured. So there isn't a reason to carry one. You only do that AFTER the fact...