Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Shooting Ranges In Allentown/Whitehall Area??

ladies and gents... im moving back to the area in early spring from state college.... so from what im reading there are a few decent ranges in the area... thats good to hear cuz the only one i knew of other than sgl's was the firing line and as others have mentioned i have heard bad things... maybe when i do get back in the area il have to check the places out and ill let you guys know which range i decide on... good read here... im going to check out the places online and see if they have websites... if not do either of the ranges menioned have any strange restrictions... on either what you can shoot or shoot at (like steel targets, clay targets) ? (obviously the normal tv's and appliances are out of the question)

(Lehigh County)

Just chiming in to say that I just received my membership card in the mail for Guthsville. Now I just need to find the time to get up there and familiarize myself with where everything is and how things operate there. Feel free to PM me or post here with anything I should know about Guthsville before I head on up there.

(Lehigh County)

Guthsville is pretty laid back. I have noticed one of the board members checking people for id cards lately...but he's cool about it.

When I go...I usually shoot there on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and generally there is no more than 4 other shooters. Sometimes none.

Make sure you sign in or the caretaker will track you down. One time he didn't see me leave the rifle range to go to the trap range and when I came back and went past the sign in shack he ran right over. Again, he was cool about too.

(Lehigh County)

TSL, I finally made it up there this weekend with my brother and his new S&W bodyguard and my Moss 500. Friday, it was empty, not a single person there, which was kind of nice for my first time so I didn't feel awkward figuring out where to go and how everything was set up. Went back again yesterday, this time our women were with us and a caretaker did ask me for my ID card, their pink guest slips and made sure everyone had their eyes and ears protected. Overall I'm very happy with the range and actually plan to go back up tomorrow again on my day off.

(Lehigh County)

I've been considering joining Guthsville, mainly to shoot my handguns at something other than paper. Driving by, sometimes I see metal targets, sometimes not. Can anyone tell me if they are available to all members or just for the pistol team?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman53 View Post
    I've been considering joining Guthsville, mainly to shoot my handguns at something other than paper. Driving by, sometimes I see metal targets, sometimes not. Can anyone tell me if they are available to all members or just for the pistol team?
    AFAIK, they are not available to the general membership. The only time I've seen them out is during cowboy shoots.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSLtrek View Post
    AFAIK, they are not available to the general membership. The only time I've seen them out is during cowboy shoots.
    Crap!!!!!!!

(Lehigh County)

I've seen a few gentlemen unload their own personal metal targets from their cars. I looked into it a few years back, it's not too expensive to get squares of scrap steel.

I picked up a dueling tree from Cabelas to use on the plinking range. Just remember that you can't use jacketed ammo.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the replies.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456