Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: $35 Gun Registration?

FREE are you kidding?

The (PICS) Pa Instant Check System cost us about 6 million a year to administer, maintain, keep and register everyone firearms in the "illegal" not 100% complete non-database / database.

It cost lots of cash for all the those created political patronage jobs that is required to administrate PICS.

With the start up cost, yearly updates, hardware upgrades cost ect, it’s an estimated 130 million plus since 1998.

Plus don’t forget ALL the added cost for the PSP leadership just to make up statutory authority to create new fabicated regulations like they attempted to do / DID with the AR-15 and other firearms.

All of this "stuff" cost extra its certain NEVER FREE.

Now if you want to see the really cost of registration in PA.

Here are the results of all that money spent, do the math, what is the cost to ONLY catch someone that was later successfully prosecuted for more additional taxpayer money.

1998-2004 a total of 57,283 people denied.
    1998-2004 a total arrests of 1,181 people
    1998-2004 a total conviction of ONLY 637 people (about 100 people a year)
    1998-2004 a total referral to the ATF for concurrent jurisdiction of ONLY 59 people
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The PA State Police wasted nearly $130 million operating the duplicative Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) system between 1998 and 2007, which would have been done at ‘no’ cost to gun owners or Pennsylvania by the National Instant Check system (NICS), a part of which is the retention and maintenance of an illegal database of gun owners. How many crimes have the state police solved by the staggering amount of money spent?

The big “T” word that we all live under now is certainly never FREE,it cost extra for ALL of that Bureaucratic form of government to rule over US.

Maybe, the $35 fee was the cost to register all the LEO and Military firearms in PA, anyone know what that cost is?

I know that there's animosity towards the PICS system, but I have to warn that we wouldn't get better results from a centralized Federal office than we do from a more local State entity.

The PSP may act improperly, and you are 1 of 12 million PA residents when you try to fix a problem. To the Feds, you're just one of over 300 million, they care even less about what you think, or the pressure that you might try to apply through your elected representatives.

Good luck in changing Federal law when it's holding you back. I've seen PA law affected in a positive way. I've seen the PA State Police Commissioner back away from the unlawful proposal to treat assembled rifles the same as virgin receivers. Have we seen the Feds back away from similar idiocy? Anybody have examples of ATF making unfounded rulings on "machinegun" springs or hammers, or have to justify that whole "an extra grip on a pistol makes it not a pistol anymore" ruling?

Local schools are better than Federal standardization of schools. Local spending is more answerable than Federal spending. Local crooks in government sometimes go to jail, Federal crooks get promoted.

Local government is better than centralized power. Folks who want to replace local PICS with a national call center will regret that wish some day, if experience teaches us anything.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I know that there's animosity towards the PICS system, but I have to warn that we wouldn't get better results from a centralized Federal office than we do from a more local State entity.

The PSP may act improperly, and you are 1 of 12 million PA residents when you try to fix a problem. To the Feds, you're just one of over 300 million, they care even less about what you think, or the pressure that you might try to apply through your elected representatives.

Good luck in changing Federal law when it's holding you back. I've seen PA law affected in a positive way. I've seen the PA State Police Commissioner back away from the unlawful proposal to treat assembled rifles the same as virgin receivers. Have we seen the Feds back away from similar idiocy? Anybody have examples of ATF making unfounded rulings on "machinegun" springs or hammers, or have to justify that whole "an extra grip on a pistol makes it not a pistol anymore" ruling?

Local schools are better than Federal standardization of schools. Local spending is more answerable than Federal spending. Local crooks in government sometimes go to jail, Federal crooks get promoted.

Local government is better than centralized power. Folks who want to replace local PICS with a national call center will regret that wish some day, if experience teaches us anything.
    Then Imagine what you would have to go thru if there was a false positive. I'd imagine it's like the no fly list and Herpes, once you've got it, you've got it for life.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Why pay anything? They already do it for free
    Uhh... I was referring to the illegal PSP database.
    Buy a pics check get a free 2A infringement.
    FUCK BIDEN

That is RICH, you pay $35 to register your firearm, they give $25 at the no questions asked turn in your stolen firearm! Probably give the rest to the anti's.
    -Remember the Constitution-

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    LMAO.

$35 bucks to be self-violated.

. . . .
    It works with HB 2060. Anyone voluntarily registering is considered to be a self-identifying masochist. That becomes the basis for the filing of a Red Flag Confiscation Order.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    It works with HB 2060. Anyone voluntarily registering is considered to be a self-identifying masochist. That becomes the basis for the filing of a Red Flag Confiscation Order.
    Did alpacaheat hack your account?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Necropost.jpg
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    That is RICH, you pay $35 to register your firearm, they give $25 at the no questions asked turn in your stolen firearm! Probably give the rest to the anti's.
    $10 in administrative costs.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    I was told by an Agent of the Attorney General's Office that there is, in fact, a voluntary gun registry in PA... for $35 your firearm will be placed on the registry to assist LE in tracking your firearm in the event it is stolen/recovered.

My time at PAFOA had me thinking otherwise, but said agent was quite sure of this.

So what of it, brothers?
    One word: Hoax.
    They already have handgun serial numbers vis PSP registry
    Anyone who doesn't record the serial numbers and descriptions of the long guns they own and store it in a safe place deserves to pay $35.00.

I just made a check of the AG website. They is no link or mention if this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast