Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Well How Bout That ?

Saturday was so nice out and i had a good charge on my Harley's Battery i decided to go for a ride..

i decided i wanted to carry my stainless 1911 since i have a Serpa retention holster for it and feel safer with some kind of retention holster for riding.

i was out in the Colonial Park and Linglestown area most of the day, met up with CustomLoaded for a too short meet up (and btw CL thanks they fit !!!)

after leaving the meeting place, i ventured up Colonial Rd to rt 22 and headed east towards Hershey, as i was getting farther along about the Colonial Commons Mall area i noticed in my mirror a car sharply turn intot he lane behind me, as i stop at the next lite i look and it is a Lower Paxton Twp cruiser with 2 leo's in it,, you dont see that allot and it made me think that maybe someone called while driving and they came out to check on me ? just what went through my mind at the time.

well i pulled out and said yup i'm getting pulled over lets see how this goes, but by time we reached Mountain Rd and Karns store they turned into where Karns is and that was that...

i knwo they saw my pistol i was wearing a black leather jacket that i tucked behind the holster so the air wouldnt come up in between it and me. and a big honkin stainless 1911 gets seen lol, so i was pleased to see that they saw i wasnt up to anythign adn just enjoying the day and left it at that !! well done LP !!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Default Re: Well How Bout That ?

They didn't pull you over because they knew your 45 beat their 40's . . .

Saw a lot of bikes out recently, guess their like skeeter's the warmer it gets the more you see . . .
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Centre County)

Glad you had a good non-event and a nice day.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    Saturday was so nice out and i had a good charge on my Harley's Battery i decided to go for a ride..

i decided i wanted to carry my stainless 1911 since i have a Serpa retention holster for it and feel safer with some kind of retention holster for riding.
    I hate you. Not because you OC, and didn't get pulled over, because you were able to get the bike out. All I could do was start them up in the garage. Still about 6" of snow on the ground up here.

(Dauphin County)

Sounds like you were in my neck of the woods 4XLT!

In my experience so far Lower Paxton PD has been great and from what I hear they're all up to date with legalities of OC. I had them called on me when I was at Brightbill park with my dog and step son one day but they just pulled in and observed.
    Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter04 View Post
    I hate you. Not because you OC, and didn't get pulled over, because you were able to get the bike out. All I could do was start them up in the garage. Still about 6" of snow on the ground up here.
    actually its better if you don't start them unless you are going to ride them enough to burn the condensation off the inside of the motor.. just put a tender on the battery untill your goinna ride it at least 20-30 miles...

HbgMarine.. yes i remember your post about Brightbill Park. and i have had a few conversations with LP police and they seem aware of the laws and open to OC..
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    actually its better if you don't start them unless you are going to ride them enough to burn the condensation off the inside of the motor.. just put a tender on the battery untill your goinna ride it at least 20-30 miles...

HbgMarine.. yes i remember your post about Brightbill Park. and i have had a few conversations with LP police and they seem aware of the laws and open to OC..
    I'll respectfully disagree. With close to 100k, on a couple of HD's they hold up with my abuse of starting them and running them for 1/2 an hour. After living further south and getting to ride at least once a month, I have a hard time "winterizing" them, just in case I can get them out for a ride. Up here in the snow-belt, I've been disappointed more than once not being able to ride as much as I want.

[QUOTE=4XLT;1058435]actually its better if you don't start them unless you are going to ride them enough to burn the condensation off the inside of the motor.. just put a tender on the battery untill your goinna ride it at least 20-30 miles...

I Have to agree. 100%. Being a motorcycle tech I see the damage it can cause. Also never bump start a dead battery.
    FS