Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default swapping bersa 380 for glock 19: Good Idea?

Hey guys need some input, since I got into firearms I always wanted a glock 19. I am financially able to buy one now but as of right now I am carrying a bersa thunder 380. Now I love the bersa 380 but I am looking for a bit more stopping power IF needed. Thinking about getting rid of my bersa and finally buy a glock. Good idea, bad idea, or neutral? Looking for some input and possibly some words of advice. Granted the glock would be a primary carry, home defense, and range practice gun.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: swapping bersa 380 for glock 19: Good Idea?

i would say yes.....but i'm no Glock lover. i've never shot a Bersa, so i have nothing to base a comparison on.

besides, it's all about shot placement, baby.

(Lancaster County)

For what you would get in trade or sale for the Bersa keep it. They are great guns for the price. Keep it and buy the Glock as well ( although Im not a big fan of them , lol )
    No longer posting

(Montgomery County)

Buying the G19 is an excellent idea. My personal favorite. However, I agree that if you can, keep the bersa too. You won't be disappointed with the glock.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Monroe County)

At risk of getting hunted down at my own house by angry pafoa e-thugs and shot to death with bersa .380's, I'll have to say dump the POS and grab the G19. Far superior. The G19 is just a little bigger, has twice the capacity, and has a much more reliable round. Oh, and G19's are generally extremely reliable carry guns. Speaking of carry, very easy to conceal for both men and women. By many it's considered the ideal carry gun, atleast makes it into the top runnings.

Flame suit on. Better start passing out the guns and ammunition and watching the windows all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I'll have to say dump the POS and grab the G19. Far superior.
    Without a doubt.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    At risk of getting hunted down at my own house by angry pafoa e-thugs and shot to death with bersa .380's, I'll have to say dump the POS and grab the G19. Far superior. The G19 is just a little bigger, has twice the capacity, and has a much more reliable round. Oh, and G19's are generally extremely reliable carry guns. Speaking of carry, very easy to conceal for both men and women. By many it's considered the ideal carry gun, atleast makes it into the top runnings.

Flame suit on. Better start passing out the guns and ammunition and watching the windows all night.

I agree with you hear. This weekend I had the same conversation, and nearly same dialogue, with a friend. For reliability or simplicity, you are never making a bad choice when going with a Glock anything. Factor in the caliber difference in this case, and it's a no-brainer. Now, once we get up to that Glock level, I have other favorites amongst polymer combat pistols... But, that's a tertiary argument to the one at hand.
    F*S=k

(Berks County)

The Glock 19 is a superb, reliable gun, and the lower cost of 9-para practice ammo makes the cost of ownership go down over time. I'd do the swap if you can't keep both guns or if you have no lady friends that might appreciate the lower-recoil .380 ACP for self-defense.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

(Butler County)

Swap it and never look back. You'll be stepping up.

(Adams County)

You're not going to get much for the Bersa, so I say keep it. It is a fun little James Bond-ish pistol and a good semi-auto alternative to the 642 Airweight.

IMHO a Glock 19 is better for the simple fact that it has a higher magazine capacity and 9mm is better than .380ACP. Have you shot a Glock 19, or do you just want it because it's the most recognizeable pistol name for you?

Either way, I would keep the Bersa and just save up a few extra weeks/months for the Glock (or whatever). You can't have too many guns IMHO, and unless you intend to Open Carry its good to have a light-weight pistol for the warmer months where you're not wearing as much clothing for concealment purposes.

Home defense I would definitely go the glock route though, as much as I love my Bersa I would feel better with a bigger calibur and higher round-count for home defense.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast