Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Butler County)

Default Re: TRESPASSING QUESTION

I don't know if he can be sited or not, but I certainly hope so.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I have a very sore subject too... its called watching my property destroyed over and over and over again because there is a ton of large tracts of private posted land where the deer live completely safe year round and randomly walk over to my land and eat my blue berry bushes and grapes to the ground, eat the apples off my trees and destroy them and shred everyones gardens... then they walk back to the private property where they are completely safe. Same goes for small game, turkeys, crows... etc.

If you have land it is your responsibility to control the damage your land does to the neighboring properties.

as for taxes... clean and green means you pay less taxes then I do for a ton more land... I don't want to hear it
    Ignorant. Absolutely an ignorant post. Wildlife exists, sorry about your blueberries. Be serious, deer and crows not sticking to the correct property lines does not give everyone else the right to trespass.
    Also, if you don't care about taxes, how about care about the fact that I invested my life savings into land ownership, and I didn't do it so everyone else could treat my property like it's public property.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghsteve View Post
    Ignorant. Absolutely an ignorant post. Wildlife exists, sorry about your blueberries. Be serious, deer and crows not sticking to the correct property lines does not give everyone else the right to trespass.
    Also, if you don't care about taxes, how about care about the fact that I invested my life savings into land ownership, and I didn't do it so everyone else could treat my property like it's public property.
    Necro thread demands brains as tribute!

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Necro thread demands brains as tribute!

-Chaz
    NECRO THREAD would starve, 3 post then banned. Is that a record?

(Clarion County)

Just a property owners view. Every property in a few square miles around me is posted, including mine.This is due to the actions of a group of out of area hunters over a period of several years. However every landowner I know, including me, has never denied any other hunters who has asked permission. A thank-you at the end of the day, or if you're successful, goes along way. One group took a couple deer one year and not so much as a thanks afterward. It wasn't like they had to look for me as they rode right by me. Think I'll remember that if they ever come back. There are a few days where I won't permit outsiders as I give the run of the place to family's with young hunters. Some have trouble understanding that, too bad. Calling the warden over the years has been a futile experience, but I was offered a job once. Told him I already had a bad low paying job. The PSP are kinda thin here so I would only notify them if it was something outrageous. Otherwise have been able to get the message across myself. This is my home and if you're walking around with a high power rifle I want to know who you are.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Washington County)

I was always taught and have abided that if you want to hunt/travel/do anything on someone else's land you knock on their front door and ask.

From the perspective of someone always looking for a nice area to hunt, I find most people are receptive and nice if you show them respect. A thanks goes along way, as does leaving your name and number and making yourself available to the landowner for help.

If I tag a deer, or another game animal or your property, I usually offer you some of the meat. Why? Because you helped me get that animal.

I think if most people acted in such a way, alot less land would be posted.

On a side note a couple years back my brother had shot a 10 point on property that we had permisson to hunt. The deer went ~500 yards across a road and onto someone else's property. While tracking the deer to the road we hit the property line and were trying to figure out who owned the land so we could go to the house and talk. The landowner came out to a hill about 75 yards above us waving a revolver and screaming. We took the hint and didnt step onto his land. We were pretty bummed, mainly because we knew the deer was going to die. Two days later when we were dropping off our deer at the local butcher we were chatting and told him the story. He smiled and said take a look back here. He opened the freezer and low and behold there's a 10 point dropped off by the property owner himself.

Landowners can be jerks too.

(Lawrence County)

I submit the case law of Finders vs. Keepers... lol I had a buddy who went hunting once and stumbled upon a dead deer that had been gutted. Not wanting to be an jerkoff, he sat there and waited, and waited. For 4 hours, nobody came back to get the deer or even came close to where he was. He figured that someone shot the deer, gutted it, and already used their tag, and was leaving the deer there until after nightfall to go get it. He slapped his tag on it and took it home.

Nice big doe. I don't understand why people do the things they do, especially killing an animal and gutting it, then just leaving it sit there all day because you can't legally have it... ESPECIALLY ON A SGL!!!!

-Chaz

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    NECRO THREAD would starve, 3 post then banned. Is that a record?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/647...ml#post2112567

I believe this would be why... And I don't know, possibly. Quickest I've seen since I've been here... lol

-Chaz

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789