Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: TRESPASSING QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by palabman View Post
    Then you need to to discuss this with your fellow WCO,s. I sat at a meeting at the Midland Sportsman's Club and the late Doug Carney stated that this was the case. You guys need to get your sh*t together and quit confusing us.

I dont need to get together with anyone or get any thing together. I know what the law says and I know what its limits are.

Sec. 2304. Ownership of carcass of game or wildlife.

(b) Officer not to arbitrate disputes. - No officer whose duty it is to enforce this title shall be called upon to arbitrate any dispute concerning the ownership of game or wildlife or to testify concerning any such dispute.

WCO's do not have the time or the authority to go retrive your deer. If there is a violation or a suspected violation then the WCO can go on posted property, however because you failed to down your game before it crossed the property line does not make it a job responsibility of WCO's
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by palabman View Post
    If it is clearly stated on the web site they did a good job of clearly hiding it. WCO Carney always seemed like an honourable man so I think saying he was lying is a bit harsh. If what the WCO from Washington county stated is in fact the policy then maybe Doug was willing to go the extra mile to ensure that game ended up in the hands of the rightful owner.

I seem to remember the original question was raised over concerns hunters had over hunting in suburban areas which the game commission was/is pushing big time in this area to reduce the deer herd in populated areas.
    I agree Doug was a good guy. However retriving someons deer on posted property after the owner said no is outside the scope of employment and powers.

John F Kennedy.

Quote Originally Posted by WCO,R.W.J View Post
    I dont need to get together with anyone or get any thing together. I know what the law says and I know what its limits are.

Sec. 2304. Ownership of carcass of game or wildlife.

(b) Officer not to arbitrate disputes. - No officer whose duty it is to enforce this title shall be called upon to arbitrate any dispute concerning the ownership of game or wildlife or to testify concerning any such dispute.

WCO's do not have the time or the authority to go retrive your deer. If there is a violation or a suspected violation then the WCO can go on posted property, however because you failed to down your game before it crossed the property line does not make it a job responsibility of WCO's
    what about those who post land they do not own,i know of two in the ginger hill area,for sure.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    what about those who post land they do not own,i know of two in the ginger hill area,for sure.
    It would be littering and trespassing if they are caught in the act.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    It would be littering and trespassing if they are caught in the act.
    Unless the owner has given them permission to do so.
    The Lord Bless You

(Washington County)

Could be litter or trespass. Are they posting county or state land?

John F Kennedy.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    civil cases are beyond a reasonable doubt
    Or the preponderance of evidence

Could be litter or trespass. Are they posting county or state land?
    privite,with out permission,because the owner lives in ohio.i posted the rest of his property,and know the lines,have called the warden,no response.2yrs in a row.

(Washington County)

privite,with out permission,because the owner lives in ohio.i posted the rest of his property,and know the lines,have called the warden,no response.2yrs in a row.

That is because there isnt anything a WCO can do about that. The landowner would have to contact the local police or PSP concerning the issues.

John F Kennedy.

That is because there isnt anything a WCO can do about that. The landowner would have to contact the local police or PSP concerning the issues.
    thank you,i will handel it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast