Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: TRESPASSING QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    that last post made you look like a drunken fool to be honest
    X2 +10 . . . . . . . .

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Wayne County)

Sounds like some one got caught riding thier quad on some elses property. Hunting without permission you should be ticketed. Sounds like LEO had complaints.

When will people realize that a posted sign means just that...the property is posted. Many just don't understand that we landowners have resposibilities to pay property taxes and make the payments on the land. The property is for our use because of that.

I have neighbors who all want to ride, hunt and generally do whatever on my land. They just don't get it and yes it pisses me off. I work hard to pay for all this acreage. I drive a 15 yr old Jeep and my kids while they have ATVs are all old junkers. My family has made sacrifices while all the "trailer folk" drive new cars and have new ATVs....but do they ever offer to make the payments. nope never nadda a dime.

Oh and don't get me started on insurance and the liability issue.

Yeah this is a sore subject for me...can you tell??!!

I am a long time lurker and don't post much.

Anyone who gets a tresspass citation is deserving of such.

(York County)

I completely agree with the last poster on this. I have a small farm and constantly deal with tresspassing morons. I mean, come on, if you want to hunt on my land, just ASK. Here is my example:

This isn't exactly the same, but one of my trailer trash neighbors loves to ride his 2 stroke four wheeler up and down the one lane road that goes through the middle of my property many times AT 2AM! I've called the state police on the jerk multiple times. Finally last fall he was tooling back and forth at dusk and I'd had enough (He'd flipped me off a few days before and nearly had a head-on with a hapless car coming the other way a few minutes before.) The trooper showed up about an hour later (of course), and as I was swearing out a complaint (after the officer asked me if I was willing to actually go to court as a witness) the moron buzzed right past the house and the two of us. (At dusk, no lights, no helmet and at a high rate of speed).

Trooper said "never mind" and went off to wait for him at his rental house with citation pad in hand. Things been a little bit quieter since then.

I never used to be so anal about people on my land, but one jerk like that really has gotten my back up about this issue and I'm not so nice anymore as a consequence.

(Monroe County)

Smile Re: TRESPASSING QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    no not at all,if it was not for so called sportsmen all drunked up,trespassing on privet property,and shooting all that walks,we would not have sooo many no trespasing no hunting signs out there,thats what makes the anti gun people scream,the anti hunters drool,come on act like respon
    able,adults,not drunken fools, go navy,team4 1974 hooraaa.

Not to be a jerk but complete sentences get the best responses on here.

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    that last post made you look like a drunken fool to be honest
    [Airplane!] excuse me, I speak jive-er-dunkenese [/Airplane!]
    I think he tried to say:
    Hunters have gone into lands marked or unmarked that they knew they should not have, farmers have lost live stock because someone thought PA had black and white deer or left gates open or trampled crops.
    This of course has resulted in about everything thats not PGC land being posted and neg press by anti-gun/hunters.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; April 29th, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Hokkmike Guest

Sorry, just not enough info to be sure about this one. Sounds like the cops are on a mission though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Sorry, just not enough info to be sure about this one. Sounds like the cops are on a mission though.
    yes they were, because they didnt have permission to hunt there.
    FJB

(York County)

Well then there you go. Case closed. Got what they deserved.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tazz0001 View Post
    When will people realize that a posted sign means just that...the property is posted. Many just don't understand that we landowners have resposibilities to pay property taxes and make the payments on the land. The property is for our use because of that.

I have neighbors who all want to ride, hunt and generally do whatever on my land. They just don't get it and yes it pisses me off. I work hard to pay for all this acreage. I drive a 15 yr old Jeep and my kids while they have ATVs are all old junkers. My family has made sacrifices while all the "trailer folk" drive new cars and have new ATVs....but do they ever offer to make the payments. nope never nadda a dime.

Oh and don't get me started on insurance and the liability issue.

Yeah this is a sore subject for me...can you tell??!!

I am a long time lurker and don't post much.

Anyone who gets a tresspass citation is deserving of such.
    I have a very sore subject too... its called watching my property destroyed over and over and over again because there is a ton of large tracts of private posted land where the deer live completely safe year round and randomly walk over to my land and eat my blue berry bushes and grapes to the ground, eat the apples off my trees and destroy them and shred everyones gardens... then they walk back to the private property where they are completely safe. Same goes for small game, turkeys, crows... etc.

If you have land it is your responsibility to control the damage your land does to the neighboring properties.

as for taxes... clean and green means you pay less taxes then I do for a ton more land... I don't want to hear it
    Last edited by Dredly; May 4th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I have a very sore subject too... its called watching my property destroyed over and over and over again because there is a ton of large tracts of private posted land where the deer live completely safe year round and randomly walk over to my land and eat my blue berry bushes and grapes to the ground, eat the apples off my trees and destroy them and shred everyones gardens... then they walk back to the private property where they are completely safe. Same goes for small game, turkeys, crows... etc.

If you have land it is your responsibility to control the damage your land does to the neighboring properties.

as for taxes... clean and green means you pay less taxes then I do for a ton more land... I don't want to hear it
    Whether the land is posted or not, if you don't own it, it doesn't belong to you and if you are on it without permission, YOU ARE TRESPASSING!!! In Pennsylvania anyone on another person's property is trespassing if they do not have permission, no signs are needed. Even if land is not posted, the game on that land will travel to feed, to mate or just to mark it's territory, property owner be damned, the game has it's own idea of whose property it is. You can't blame posted ground owners for your problem with game eating your blueberries or plants or anything else, the posted property owner has no control over where game goes to feed.

State Game Lands have lots of game, but the state can't prevent game from traveling as that is the nature of the beast.

As for a person posting their property, no matter the amount of taxes they pay, be it a little or a lot for the amount of land they own, it is still THEIR land and they have the right to tell anyone they want, to stay off, they have the right to post it. If a person doesn't want to post their porperty, that is fine, if they do want to, that is fine too. For some reason people get a hard on about posted property, but if you live in town and only have a city lot, would you bitch and moan and blame the neighbor because a crow flew over their property and landed on yours? Who would you blame if a skunk wandered onto your property, or a squirrel? How about if the neighbors kids cut through your backyard, day after day on their bicycles, would you be up in arms because it is your yard and they are destroying the grass? It is no different than owning property and having assholes, driving on your fields, throwing empty beer bottles where you drive over them with your tractor, or just dumping trash.

No trespassing signs on your neighbors property doesn't cause the game to come to your property to eat your berries, that is nature, live with it. Don't blame someone that spends a small fortune to be able to buy property, then spends thousands and thousands of dollars, upgrading it, farming it, or growing their food on it (which is susceptable to being eaten by wildlife).

It is no different having someone break into your barn and steal something than it is to have them break into your garage in the city and steal something. It is the owners property and they have the right to put up signs if they want and keep whomever they want off their property, it is just not usually done in the city, but there is no difference, you pay for it, you pay taxes on it and you have the say who is invited onto your property..PERIOD!

Your "Clean and Green" statement has nothing to do with trespassing which this post was started about, but since you brought it up, Clean and Green only applies under certain circumstances and not everyone can use it and those that don't qualify pay in taxes according to the amount property they own in addition to any structures on said property. To qualify you must meet certain criteria.....To be eligible for enrollment in the Clean and Green program, land must be devoted to one of the following three qualifying uses: agricultural use, agricultural reserve use, or forest reserve use.....I don't farm, I do not have my property open for public use and I don't produce trees for profit. My property doesn't qualify and many, many other property owners don't qualify, so the tax statement of paying less is not an effective arguement.

You don't want animals coming on your property eating your berries and other plants, POST YOUR PROPERTY if you think the signs make a difference as to where animals go.

Trespassing is against the law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, no need for signs stating it is illegal, if it is not your property, you have no right to be on it...PERIOD!! My property is posted, basically because most people are not smart enough to know, not theirs, stay off. Nothing is quite as adrenalin raising as unexpectedly finding 3 individuals on your property, close to a NO TRESPASSING SIGN, armed and hunting and having to confront them and inform them they are violating the law. Then having them jump your case because you post your property, property you paid for, you pay taxes on, you invest time and money to maintain it, picking trash up that people throw out the window, repairing damage caused by people that just hate the fact you have something they wish they had.

I get no tax breaks through the Clean and Green deal, so to that I say...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast