Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default All Steel hi cap

My father is interested in an all steel semi auto. He saw the ad for the new XD-M 9mm with 19 rds. Problem is he doesnt like the plastic / polymer. Any one know of any all steel semi auto's? - with high capacity.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: All Steel hi cap

CZ-75. I remember when these would sell for over a thousand dollars, before the iron curtain fell. They are one terrific gun. I own three of them.
    Rey

(Lackawanna County)

there are a couple of hi-cap 1911s out there; i've seen mostly ParaOrdnance. Taurus also makes a hi-cap 1911, and of course their version of the Beretta 92FS, in 9mm and .40S&W. doesn't Sig Sauer make an all steel pistol?

(Cumberland County)

There is actually a taurus pt92 in SS for sale in the classified section right now. I think it was only 350 too. 17+1 capacity. All steel. Check it out. Looks nice to me.

I'd buy it if I didn't just splurge on a XDm myself. I urge you to check it out at a range before he decides. He doesn't like it. It is an awesome piece and it will probably outlast some of my steel guns due to the tchnology used.

Either way, you can't to wrong.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    My father is interested in an all steel semi auto. He saw the ad for the new XD-M 9mm with 19 rds. Problem is he doesnt like the plastic / polymer. Any one know of any all steel semi auto's? - with standard capacity.
    Made a minor correction...no such thing as "high" capacity...only the artificially lowered capacity as mandated at one time by a bunch of defeated politicians.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

Yea, he has been a wheel gun fanatic as long as I been around. Mom bought him a Sigma 40 about 6yrs ago, he shot it once! Me on the other hand always plays with it, probably going to sell the sigma. So if he goes semi auto, he wants steel!
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Pike County)

S&W made lots of 14-15 rd. steel and alloy frame autos, starting back with the mod 59. The is also the original, the Browing High Power.

(Monroe County)

If it doesn't have to be steel, and some aluminum will suffice, I would definitely check out the Sig 226. One of the best full size 9mm's out there.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by hipowr View Post
    If it doesn't have to be steel, and some aluminum will suffice, I would definitely check out the Sig 226. One of the best full size 9mm's out there.

AJ
    And if it does, just get the discontinued P226 ST or the current P226 Stainless Elite - both are all stainless (frame & slide).

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    And if it does, just get the discontinued P226 ST or the current P226 Stainless Elite - both are all stainless (frame & slide).

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    You know, I have a 220ST and love it. I probably would have suggested it, but I just don't recall ever having set hands on an all stainless 226. I guess I wasn't sure they ever offered it. I stand corrected. If you really want all steel, Sig will set you up. I can't say how much that steel frame makes me love that 220 ST for lots of shooting over its completely wonderful and reliable aluminum framed brother.

AJ