Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: A Sensible Gun Registration Plan That Will Work

Obviously, while it is favorable in my mind to most gun registration ideas you hear about, I don't like it at all. For the same reasons WE don't want gun registration, it's not fair to turn it around on non-gun owners either. Since when did "Land of the Free" become "Land of the Fees". How about I do what the fuck I want and you do what the fuck you want. As long as we aren't infringing on each others rights then what's the problem? If I want to own a gun, then dammit I'm gonna have a gun. If you don't want one, don't get one - that's your problem. There's no reason ANYBODY, including and especially .gov, should know who has or doesn't have guns. Unless of course they are criminals (not victimless crimes, mind you) and then they should be locked away or 6 feet under. I'm sick of all the 'pay up if do this, pay up if you don't do that' BS that happens everyday as it is. Let's not add to the problem...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Wayne County)

Currently reading a book about the settlement of the Ohio River valley in the vicinity of Kentucky and Ohio. Just read today of a campaign taken against the Shawnee villages in this region. In order to gain enough manpower to stage the campaign, the militia was called up.

The part that I find the most surprising is, at the time, "the militia" meant "any able-bodied, male residents and all able-bodied male visitors (from other states)!" The term of service was "until the campaign was finished."

There were folks that were visiting relatives from PA and VA that were put into service for almost 3 months.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

There is another side to this. How exactly is someone under that idea supposed to prove gun ownership to avoid the fee? And what is going to happen with that information?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Whomever posted this, you suck!!! I had half the house packed and loaded! Now I got to put all this crap back. My hearts still racing like an 18 yr old virgin in his first strip club.
    -Remember the Constitution-

Quote Originally Posted by bighornjd View Post
    Obviously, while it is favorable in my mind to most gun registration ideas you hear about, I don't like it at all. For the same reasons WE don't want gun registration, it's not fair to turn it around on non-gun owners either. Why not? We have to pay for police protection for them because they refuse to defend themselves. Turn-a-bout is fair play. Since when did "Land of the Free" become "Land of the Fees". When it became evident that freedom is not free, that's when. You don't seem to care that I have to pay to rehab criminals or to provide them with three hots and a cot. Then why are you so dam willing to tell me that I should not charge them a fee to help cover the costs of all everything that they are getting for free How about I do what the fuck I want and you do what the fuck you want. As long as what the fuck you wish to do does not have any effect including monetary on me then do as you please. But when your pursuit of happiness takes precedent over my pursuit of happiness, then it causes me an issue. You are missing the forest for the treesAs long as we aren't infringing on each others rights then what's the problem? But they are infringing on my rights and at a cost that I am sick and tired of paying.If I want to own a gun, then dammit I'm gonna have a gun. If you don't want one, don't get one - that's your problem. There's no reason ANYBODY, including and especially .gov, should know who has or doesn't have guns. Unless of course they are criminals (not victimless crimes, mind you) and then they should be locked away or 6 feet under. I'm sick of all the 'pay up if do this, pay up if you don't do that' BS that happens everyday as it is. Let's not add to the problem...People who do not see the problem are the problem. You seem to forget that .gov has no problem taking what is mine to give it to those that are already taking from me. And that is the problem. All of these criminals keep taking till it hurts, either by thievery or by .gov handout and entitlement programs, and then the .gov comes along and tries to take what I have left. And you don't see a problem with that. I don't give a dam what you do, just don't allow your actions nor your inactions to cost me.
    My comments inline in red.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet. Never mistake my opinion for legal advice. If you do need legal advise, seek it from those who get paid to give it, I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    Whomever posted this, you suck!!! I had half the house packed and loaded! Now I got to put all this crap back. My hearts still racing like an 18 yr old virgin in his first strip club.
    Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet. Never mistake my opinion for legal advice. If you do need legal advise, seek it from those who get paid to give it, I know I do.

(Monroe County)

Something like this would most likely never be implemented, I would oppose it if it were. Just because if you know who does not own a gun, you by default know who does own a gun. So either way it would not be good for gun owners.

(Montgomery County)

Well I know I'm new here, but given the information in this article, Mr. Fred Maslack deserves serious consideration for the Nobel Peace Prize.
    the pen is mightier than the sword but don't ever fuckin' forget that sword. -topsykretts

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Now this line is sig-worthy:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late
    to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    And the author should have accredited to the source

Claire Wolfe
    101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution

I don't remember when it came out but I've had a copy for about 10 years.
    Interesting book.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Venango County)

COOL!, thank for the info, I might have to see if the library has that one

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast