Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Targetworld

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down Targetworld

The employees who work there dont even know their own stock,

I first called them about a rifle I was looking for and they said they had it in stock and gave me a price,

got there (1 hour drive) and asked for the rifle,

one employee said they dont have it in stock and even though I explained that I spoke to someone earlier that same day who told me its there and gave me a price he got very rude and ingorant and said impossible since he knows better and he surely dont have it,

well after speaking to another employee, ofcourse it was there, and he said they had it for about a year, ofcourse he found it, and I was finally able to see it and handle it, and had the cash so wanted to buy it...

but the way they treated me there was like they were doing me some sort of a favor and were very unproffesional about the way they handled the sale overall and how they treated me there,
    as I was looking at the rifle which was over 1K and was touching it and trying to aim it, they were all over me with telling me where to aim, where not to aim it even though there were no other customers there,
    and how to hold it since they felt I was not holding it properly, and one guy says not to dry fire it while another sid yeah sure you can try one time,
    and all they wanted to do was just put it back on the shelf and to keep me from holding it,

I truly felt like they just did not want to sell it nor did they care to sell it,

also a few other things I had asked for that I actually wanted to buy, which their computer showed that they had in stock, two other employees could not find it physically in stock, so was not able to buy the other item I wanted.

overall a very bad experience and a very poor way they treated me.

oh well...

just wanted to share this.

Target World in Chalfont PA
    Last edited by danp; October 4th, 2011 at 04:13 PM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Targetworld

Quote Originally Posted by sniperrr View Post
    The employees who work there dont even know their own stock,

I first called them about a rifle I was looking for and they said they had it in stock and gave me a price,

got there (1 hour drive) and asked for the rifle,

one employee said they dont have it in stock and even though I explained that I spoke to someone earlier that same day who told me its there and gave me a price he got very rude and ingorant and said impossible since he knows better and he surely dont have it,

well after speaking to another employee, ofcourse it was there, and he said they had it for about a year, ofcourse he found it, and I was finally able to see it and handle it, and had the cash so wanted to buy it...

but the way they treated me there was like they were doing me some sort of a favor and were very unproffesional about the way they handled the sale overall and how they treated me there,
    as I was looking at the rifle which was over 1K and was touching it and trying to aim it, they were all over me with telling me where to aim, where not to aim it even though there were no other customers there,
    and how to hold it since they felt I was not holding it properly, and one guy says not to dry fire it while another sid yeah sure you can try one time,
    and all they wanted to do was just put it back on the shelf and to keep me from holding it,

I truly felt like they just did not want to sell it nor did they care to sell it,

also a few other things I had asked for that I actually wanted to buy, which their computer showed that they had in stock, two other employees could not find it physically in stock, so was not able to buy the other item I wanted.

overall a very bad experience and a very poor way they treated me.

oh well...

just wanted to share this.
    My BOLD:

Since I was not there I can not speak to their concerns (valid or not) about the safety issue. If I knew you and/or was there to witness what happened I would offer an opinion. As it stands now I can not comment one way or the other.

I can say the following:
    I refuse to buy any more items for a mega-gun store in the Central PA area for the same basic treatment you received in regards to the "knowledge and customer service" issue. One of the main tools we have at our disposal is to spend our hard earned $$ where we feel comfortable and where we are respected as valuable customers.

Before I walked away from the store where I have spent many $$ in the past, I wrote the owner after getting no response from the staff to my inquires/complaints. The owner never deigned to get back to me so I ceased all business there.

Hopefully you will do the same and give the business a chance to hear your complaints and if you are still not satisfied......let them know that your hard earned cash will spend just as easily at (insert business name here)!

Good luck.

(Montgomery County)

i can under stand your frustration with TW.
    i shoot there regluary but dont go up stairs too often but when i do im always under the impression im not welcome/in there way.
    ive asked for an item on many occasion and was told they dont carry it,only to brouse around and find it.
    i make it a point when this happens to inform the employee to say hes unsure instead of being an "expert on all"....i think hes a relitive of the owner........

(Montgomery County)

I can sort of echo the sentiments about Target World. I bought one firearm from them in the past, but will probably not do so in the future. In my experience, they don't seem to be very friendly or knowledgeable and only seem to be interested in making a sale.

On one occasion when I was there, one of the employees obviously had no idea about proper firearm safety procedures. When a customer wanted to look at a handgun, he would take it out of the case and hand it to them without even checking to make sure it was clear. That raised a big red flag for me.

I mainly only use Target World now for their indoor range which they run very well. Every employee that I've encountered while using the range seemed to be very knowledgeable and observant when it comes to safety. I give them an A+ for that.

Proud member of:

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Targetworld

less than a mile away on 309 is the best around here "American arms and ammo"

(Bucks County)

I live within walking distance from Target World and my money gets spent at Tanners and Classic Pistol. American arms and ammo is a great store also and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable but Tanners Staff and prices can not be beat.
    I have experienced the same attitude from the staff that the op received and I just will not go in there anymore

(Bucks County)

sniperrr, just out of curiousity did you buy the rifle and what kind of rifle was it.

(Philadelphia County)

no did buy it, since i was just very uncomfortable with the way they treated me and did not appreciate their true and genuine lack of knowledge,

and since i own more than a dozen high end tactical rifles alone, i truly know how to hold one and where to aim it as im holding it in a shop which is usually away from people or up to the ceiling or down to the floor and not one customer was there but they must have advised me where to aim it at least 5 or more times,

see i collect high end rifles and pistols and treat others same as i would treat mine, so really never gave them a true reason to act the way tey did and for them to make more comments of bad than good towards myself.

but in this case they basically wanted to hold it for me instead of me handling it myself,

how can anyone spend so much money around $1500 hundred dollars or more when you cant even touch it and cant even get confident positive info facts about the item you are buying from the person who is an authorized dealer of the product,

and they were more concerned with putting it back on their shelf display counter than asking me if i even liked it which they never did nor did they care if i liked it, nor did they even bother to see if there was possibly something else i may have an interest in since i did drive all tha far to buy and to to hold a rifle which i have thousands of times before and have better things to do than to drive so far to just hold one,
    and never even cared to persue the whole entire idea of the sale part for which i had actually drove there for almost an hour with every intent to make the buy,
    had the cash in my pocket and wanted to buy it, infact came with $1800.00 dollars cash on my poscket,

but was treated like crap to say the least and no courtesy was given to me while i was there,
    nor did they honesly have any knowledge on this particual rifle and several others which were very basic common rifles like Uzi or Sig 556,

they didnt even know simple things like where it was made, what year it was made, what mags it takes, how many mags it comes with, how many rounds they hold, didnt even know what caliber some standard basic rifles were and had to ask others there and always looked at the little tagand even then questioned their tags,
    and had no clue what it comes with, as those are the very basics that anyone in the gun business should know,
    and something they all should know since they sell that product, but clearly they act like proffessionals though in all reality are far from it...

when i asked what it comes with, the response was whatever it says on the ticket,

so i said i cant really understand the small hand writting can you please tell me what it says,

so with a very lacking and bad attitude the salesman eventually did me a huge favor and told me what it came with after he read the ticket.

honestly this was the worst by far sales experience i have had at any gun shop and seems that some of you guys who have posted here above can relate and have been in my shoes at their shop.

also the fact that they didnt know what they had in stock and not being able to find it was very unpleasant, since i wasnt sure why they told me it was there and gave me a price over the phone but then when i showed up after an hour drive just for that,

the exact response was that we dont have this rifle and ill be damned if we do because i have worked for a few years now and have never seen this rifle and its impossible for us to have it,

and then i said but i was told its here and drove pretty far to buy it,

well then someone told you wrong info was the next reply,

wrong info i said ???... but then what about the price of it and the condition of the rifle, as it was described on the phone being new and unfired,

no im telling you we dont have it, he replied again and i should know since i work here,

so i felt well weird and upset to say the least...

but then ofcourse there she was right on the shelf and i pointed at her, and she was just sitting there and smiling at the idiot salesman,

and then his response was, well ill be damned, where did this come from and whats it doing here,,,

i was like buddy you gotta know your stock and not be so confident to say that no we dont have something thats obviously there and was told so to me on the phone just a few hours prior,

it was an HK rifle that i was looking at and wanted to buy...

and no i did not buy it since i really did not appreciate the way they treated me as a person and client, their attitude towards me personally, and just generally they way they took care of this sale transaction overall.

and not mention that their prices are just way high on every thing they sell, and some were even more than the suggested MSRP.

they are very bad salespeople, lack knowledge of the actual product they sell and have no clue about their very own stock,
    and on top of it just plain treat you very very bad, oh and even follow you around the shop like youre a thief or something even though they have more mirrors and cameras than any place i have seen yet.

just wanted to explain this a bit in more detail...

and maybe this now clearly explains why in the four or five times that i was there over the years, not one time was there another customer there at that time looking or buying anything from them...

but its truly very hard to put my entire and actual experince there into a few mere words here, but you guys get the idea.

would never reccomend them to anyone nor would i ever buy from them anything ever again.

it was just like Nazi Germany to sum it all up.

: )
    Last edited by sniperrr; January 17th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.

(Bucks County)

How does that place stay in business. Never once heard a good word come out of that store.

(Bucks County)

I just bought a safe from them last week and while my experience was....OK, I can feel your pain. Ive shopped there about a dozen times or so and can only say the help is a mixed bag at best.

Downstairs everyone seems pretty helpful and well behaved, upstairs is a different story. I have met 2 guys upstairs who are pretty good (one used to work at Tanners), another guy I had to get shitty with for hin to take me seriously, the other dufus I wont even acknowledge.

I think Dufus is on dope or something. Either that or hes all they could get to work for $10hr. We go to pick up the safe and were told to back up to the door and get ready and they would bring the safe out. They bring out the safe and suddenly Dufus is an expert in everything............Except trying to get a clue about how I will have to offload the safe down a set of Bilco doors.

I fabbed up a sled before hand, had ropes and winches and ramps at the ready at the house and this fucking Dimwit didnt want to hear it. Keeps insisting I load it his way even though I pointed out several times that this would not work as the pallet jack would get trapped.

All the while this is going on the dumbass is complaining about how cold it was (25* and windy) and dosent have the brains to zip up his coat. The other guy is being pretty good about all this and finally sends goober on an errand. I make it clear to the guy that his buddy is getting on my nerves and he mumbles something in the guys defense but dosent really seem to believe it himself.

The boy wonder finally comes out of the store with what he was sent for and starts in again with the BS suggestions and whining about the temps and finally I wigged out. I basically told him to STFU as he wasnt smart enough to zip up his coat in the cold, So Im not taking his advise on anything let alone how to move a 600lb safe.

To top it off I caught him bitching to one of the guys upstairs about the whole thing when I went back inside. The guy he was crying to basically had to point out that I was standing right there to shut him up.

The look on his face was priceless.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast