Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Lancaster County)

Default how can I keep up with all these new bills

Ive been A member of this site since 2007(i think) And have browsed many a top on this forum.On thing though.

where can I go to find all the bills being proposed that affect my right to bear arms?

Now before you all jump on me and say havnt you been paying attention to the forums?Yes I have.But I want the bills that are currently In the works RIGHT NOW.

In one site Im trying to find stuff here but im having a tough time at it.I want to start writing letters(NOT EMAILS) to our representatives and other politicians.
    I have a group of 13 like minded individuals and I want to spread the word to them so they can write too.

Can anyone direct me?

I want to do my part to preserve the second amendment.
    Gott mit uns

(York County)

Default Re: how can I keep up with all these new bills

Just keep watching PAFOA (Law and Politics:Pennsylvnia). There's a number of us who keep track of firearms and self defense related bills introduced...and we post whenever one is introduced.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Philadelphia County)

Try the NRA-ILA. It posts legislative updates, press releases, etc. You can look up any gun laws at this site, too. Also, you can sign up for email alerts.

www.nraila.org/

For PA Senate & House bills, you can sign up to get email updates whenever any action is taken on bills you're interested in:

Subscribe to Daily Session Activity EMails

The Daily Session Update of the Pennsylvania General Assembly is sent out at the end of each day, and contains a list of all Bills and Resolutions that were either introduced or had an action applied. You will only receive a subscription e-mail if there is legislative activity to include in the Update report. Subscription e-mails containing no legislative activity will not be sent to you.

Subscribe to Individual Bill Updates

Individual Bill Updates are sent out every hour. However, with Individual Bill Updates, you specify what Bill(s) or Resolution(s) you want updates on, and you only receive an E-Mail if one or more of your subscribed bills has had an action input into the system in the previous hour.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    For PA Senate & House bills, you can sign up to get email updates whenever any action is taken on bills you're interested in:
    Yep, that's how I get my updates. Most gun related bills go to Judiciary, so keep a close eye on those. However, if I recall correctly, one or two went to Finance when those idiots in Philly tried to impose a wacko tax bill on firearms owners.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerh4ppy View Post
    where can I go to find all the bills being proposed that affect my right to bear arms?

But I want the bills that are currently In the works RIGHT NOW.

Can anyone direct me?

I want to do my part to preserve the second amendment.
    Start right here in the Pennsylvania section of the Law and Politics forum and you'll find a list of all of the bills offered during the 2009 term of this General Assembly session. Look for a thread entitled: Your General ASSembly At Work Year End Roll Up

If that doesn't give you enough information go to the Allegheny County Sportsmen's League and find their page on Pa Proposed Firearms Legislation 2009 - 2010 on the left side of the first webpage.
    http://www.acslpa.org/

Of course you could also go to the Pa General Assembly Website and do some exploring there you'll find all proposed legislation listed there, but, you'll also be able to sign up for the daily e-mail update on new proposals of all legislation.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Washington County)

I suggest that you look at the Firearms Owners Against Crime website. Not only do they keep their members up-to-date on firearms legislation they also provide excellent analysis of legislation including the implicaitons and repercussions of prospective legislation. They also offer opportunities and strategies to resist passage of legislation. I recommend that you join and become an activist. Oh yeah ...

Their webiste is: http://www.foac-pac.org/