Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Double shooting at Bridge movie theater

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=7221808

It happened around 7:00 p.m. inside The Bridge located along the 4000 block of Walnut Street.

"All of a sudden, I heard five gunshots; they were rapid, really fast, and I saw people throwing themselves through the window onto the ground and rolling&and I just said run," witness Gabriella Yudenich said.

Police say a masked man forced his way behind a ticket counter and went for the cash.

"He produced a gun and robbed the box office point of gun; he did get an undetermined amount of cash," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said.

The suspect is described as a thin man, approximately 5'8 .

As the gunman tried to run off, he was confronted by an off-duty State Capitol policeman assigned to Philadelphia, who was apparently coming to see a film.

"The off-duty officer and the suspect did fire shots at one another; the off-duty officer was struck. We're not certain if the suspect was struck, because the suspect is still at large," Inspector Small said. A witness tells Action News he saw the suspect running away.

"There's a side door to theater and I saw a guy, running out holding a gun in his right hand; he looked like he was limping," witness Tom Balgrushunas said.

The officer is in stable condition.

A male Drexel University undergrad student, who was in the lobby at the time, was wounded in the leg after being caught in the crossfire. He is also listed in stable condition.

The suspect still remains on the loose.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Double shooting at Bridge movie theater

"Your gonna love The Arts in Philadelphia...."
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

i almost went there to watch the lovely bones.

(Centre County)

We can now add this to the places that crime can and does occur.
    Interesting thread/sticky possibility; Links to places where crime/shootings occur that people always say are safe. In my recent memory here on the forum: Target, WalMart parking lot, Danville or Geisinger medical parking lot, mall parking lot.....

This way we could have someone who is semi-interested with a semi-open mind go to the sticky and view all assembled in 1 place. Just a thought.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheF00L View Post
    We can now add this to the places that crime can and does occur.
    Interesting thread/sticky possibility; Links to places where crime/shootings occur that people always say are safe. In my recent memory here on the forum: Target, WalMart parking lot, Danville or Geisinger medical parking lot, mall parking lot.....

This way we could have someone who is semi-interested with a semi-open mind go to the sticky and view all assembled in 1 place. Just a thought.
    This is an EXCELLENT idea!! We need to do this!

Who wants to start the thread? All that needs to happen after that is we keep updating the thread any time there's another shooting in a "safe" place. Once it's got a couple pages worth of stories like this it'll make for a great way to help convince someone how prudent it is to carry an effective means of self defense everywhere you go.
    Let them take arms