Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Post Sig P226 BlackWater Tactical.... Where to find one for $1100 0r less?

Hello,

Im new to PAFOA and, right now i'm in the market for a sweet self-defense 9mm. I keep hearing people talk about the Sig P226 but then i came across the Blackwater Tactical Version!!!! NICE. There are some others out there like the SpringField Armory XDm 9mm thats not so pricey. How do you think it compares to the Sig Blackwater? This choosing process is brain numbing!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sig P226 BlackWater Tactical.... Where to find one for $1100 0r less?

Welcome to the forum. I have both the Sig Blackwater and the XDm. The Sig is double action/single action. The XDm is single action. The XDm is one of the most accurate pistols I own. Having said that I still prefer my Sigs to any other pistols. Over the years I have owned just about every kind of pistol on the market, of them all I still prefer my Sigs.
    Rey

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sig P226 BlackWater Tactical.... Where to find one for $1100 0r less?

I picked one up at Targetmaster for around a grand a couple of months back. Great pistol. 100% function, excellent sights, almost no recoil at all. The only thing I don't like about it are the Blackwater Magwell grips and the stock trigger weight.

The grips have a hump on the palm side that I just can't get used to. I threw on a set of used stock 226 grips from Sig (I think I paid $10 for them), which are great. I didn't notice any difference in reload speed -- a double stack with a single stack feed doesn't really need a magwell, in my experience.

The trigger is just plain heavy; much moreso than the stock trigger on my P239SAS DA/SA. Doesn't affect my shooting much, it's just vaguely annoying.

Used to own an XD. Not really my thing. Top heavy, not perfectly reliable. I ditched it and went back to my Glocks. Nice trigger, though.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the info.
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah i think your right about the XDm being a little top heavy. I've actually had the chance to shoot a couple rounds with it because, my brother has the 40.cal and it was a bit heavy and bulky but ive heard that the Sig P226 is bulky too but very accurate. The XDm was accuarate too..... dont get me wrong its a nice pistol but, those 4 mags and trinium night sights are pulling me towards the Sig bro. Thanks for that info too.
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by libertyadvocate View Post
    thats just a standard blackwater, the blackwater tacticals have a few upgrades.

(Butler County)