Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Has Anyone Dealt with Holsterama or Master's Holsters? Thoughts?

I stumbled across Holsterama's website and found some great deals on holsters...which makes me happy, but then I start wondering if the prices are too good. Has anyone dealt with them before? How's the customer service?

http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/StoreFront

How about Master's Holsters? How are the holsters? Quality? Reliability? Retention?

I'm looking at one of these: http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/t...-PADDLE/Detail

Or one of these: http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/t...HOLSTER/Detail

Any input is welcome...

Thanks!

EDIT: One last thought...what is your general opinion of an open top vs. thumbstrap holster?
    Last edited by Paradigm; January 15th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Has Anyone Dealt with Holsterama or Master's Holsters? Thoughts?

Giving this a bump in case anyone missed it...

Any thoughts on Holsterama or Mater's Holsters?
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Lackawanna County)

never heard of the company. their holsters seem decent.

my thoughts on open top versus thumb breaks. if you're carrying concealed, any sort of retention other than friction is a bad idea. it slows an already slower draw. for open carry, many will say that a retention device, like a thumb break, is a necessity. i personally don't know if that's true or not; i only know that when i conceal, i will only use an open top.

i just looked at the prices on those; they seem to be comparable to Desantis or Galco, which are both good holster makers. have you checked out Don Hume? they also make good holsters at humane prices. i finally found an IWB holster i like, for concealment; it's from El Paso Saddlery.

I have two different holsters from "The Master's Holsters", both purchased at "Cheaper-than-Dirt", a local guns, ammo and equipment store in Ft. Worth, Texas. Both holsters are for a Kimber Ultra Carry II with 3" barrel (same profile as a Colt 1911 45 with 3" barrel).

One of the holsters is an Ambidextrous IWB Brown Leather, the other is also
    IWB, but with the two leather straps that snap around the belt. The 2nd model, with the snap straps, has the extended leather at the inside top to keep the firearm away from you body, t-shirt, etc. Both of these are marked "Colt 3" right under the Master's Holster logo stamped on the leather.

I wear these two interchangeably, obviously concealed. Before finding these two holsters at "Cheaper-than-Dirt" store, I had purchased a Galco Concealment Belt Slide Holster, an inexpensive Galco IWB made of the rough leather, and a Don Hume JIT Slide holster. The Galco Concealment and Don Hume JIT Slide holsters do not conceal quite as well as the two Master's IWBs.

I am very pleased with the two Master's holsters in every way - quality of leather AND construction, price, and I believe they will prove over time to be just as durable as any of the BIG NAMES, like Galco, Bianchi, DeSantis, etc.

I am thinking of buying one of the Master's Belt Leather Scabbard belt slide holsters, and one day, one of the Master's Shoulder Holster rigs, that's how impressed I am with The Master's Holsters. I found the JBP-Holsterama web site after entering The Master's Holster in Google. I think JBP must be the maker of Master's holsters. Very GOOD products, in my opinion.