Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: S&W 500

(Delaware County)

Default Re: S&W 500

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    A little necro thread never hurt nobody.
    Did you get a 500?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Luzerne County)

Not a s&w. But I did get a Thompson barrel. Big assed muzzle brake on it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Not a s&w. But I did get a Thompson barrel. Big assed muzzle brake on it.
    That is a great way to do it.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

I recently bought a Guncrafter Industrie 50 GI upper for my GLOCK 21. Interestingly enough, I am using the same 335 gr bulllets that I use ofr my desert eagle 50, 3 - S&W 500 magnum and 50 Beowulf. very economical and no more recoil than a 45 cap, they say because of the slow muzzle speed, the 275 gr bullet doesn't expand and has 40" of penetration in the gel test!

BTW, the 275 gr plated bullets from Rainier will be for sale again at Midway and Nathcez sometime in February, I will be able to use them in the GI 50, not sure If I can use them in the other 50 caliber firearms as the FPS may get too high and start breaking down the copper plating. I mention this because I thought it was used in a Desert Eagle but cannot recoil.

(Berks County)

I went with the S&W 460 because it's faster and will take a few different cartrages. I sill want a 500. The ammo is expensive for these guns. I but a box when I get to cabellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I went with the S&W 460 because it's faster and will take a few different cartrages. I sill want a 500. The ammo is expensive for these guns. I but a box when I get to cabellas.
    I have some 460 ammo, but no 460. I went with the 500.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I also have a 5" 460 Magnum as well as the 12" Performance model. The 5" has the recoil of the 4" 500 magnum, the 12" is very manageable but muzzle heavy. I fun thing to do it to shoot 5 rounds out of the 12". fully loaded 460 magnum, then load 45 colt cowboy loads into it and one hand it like it was nothing, really shocks the people around you.

I shoot a lot more 45 colt out of the 12"; at 50 yards I can hit a 1" circle almost overtime without a lot of effort, shoots like a 22LR with the accuracy of a laser.

But back to reality, there is nothing like putting full load thru the 500 magnum 7 1/2" performance model; I rarely shoot the 460 magnums as I use rainier plated bullets in the 500 magnum (335 gr) and they stay below the speed limit and don't break up, but could not use them in the 460 due to the amazing velocity, so much more expensive to reload. So get a 7 1/2" 500 magnum performance model and you will be able to shoot it all you want!!

You will eventually get the 460, but shoot 500 more due to cost. BTW, I use Berry's Plated 45 cap bullets with around 8.4 gr of unique and for about 15 - 20 cents per round, I can load these and shoot a ton of them, very very accurate.

Of course if you plan to hunt, that is why the 460 magnum was created. Both are exceedingly fun and you can never shoot enough. Finally, I acquired 450 bowling pins, at the end of the day, the maple wood is reduced to toothpick and you will have nothing but a plastic husk remaining, really cool seeing the maple fly 50 feet in the air when it gets hit with the 335 gr hollow points!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by rberardo View Post
    . Finally, I acquired 450 bowling pins, at the end of the day, the maple wood is reduced to toothpick and you will have nothing but a plastic husk remaining, really cool seeing the maple fly 50 feet in the air when it gets hit with the 335 gr hollow points!
    skip the pins and move straight to bowling balls.
    the 500 reduces them to pretty shards of plastic or whatever resin they're made of.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345