Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S&W 500

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: S&W 500

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    There is no good reason to own a S&W 500. There is no good reason to own a Monster truck or a Top Fuel car.
    Once in a while I'll rent one at my range. When the hammer drops for just a moment it is complete chaos, like the earth stopped spinning for a milli-second.
    I love it, it makes my .44 feel like a .22.
    Buy it. It's just a kick ass bad mofo.
    Theres no good reason to own much of what I have. I just wanted them. Same thing with the 500.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I have shot one in the past. It did sting a little. But then again only three of my fingers on my shooting hand works. I can shoot 44mag with no issues. That is why I was asking about reloading. On that note. Can the 500 be reloaded in a standard press?
    Yep. Standard press. Standard dies. There's really nothing extra difficult about reloading the 500; very straightforward. It does require a bit more force to resize than your average pistol round... but it's also resizing a lot more brass in one pull.

(York County)

Why not go with a .50AE Desert Eagle? Or is it just a revolver thing?

(Lancaster County)

I bought one two years ago as a Christmas gift to myself. I dont hunt Sasqhatch so there really was no justification for having it. Although it was fun to shoot I sold it about 6 months ago. I put a two hundred and fifty dollar scope on it and over a hundred dollars worth or rings and rail. Sold it all for a hundred and fifty bucks less than what I bought the gun for. For me it was a "look at me, I have a bigger gun than you" thing. When I got over that it was time to sell.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    Why not go with a .50AE Desert Eagle? Or is it just a revolver thing?
    I already have two eagles. One 357 one 44 mag. When I see a used 50ae it will also be added to my safe.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I bought one two years ago as a Christmas gift to myself. I dont hunt Sasqhatch so there really was no justification for having it. Although it was fun to shoot I sold it about 6 months ago. I put a two hundred and fifty dollar scope on it and over a hundred dollars worth or rings and rail. Sold it all for a hundred and fifty bucks less than what I bought the gun for. For me it was a "look at me, I have a bigger gun than you" thing. When I got over that it was time to sell.
    I can't say that I want it as a look at me type thing. I have many odd pieces in my safe. Many are more look at me pieces then a big assed revolver.

Generally the things I buy are not planed for. I walk into the shop and see what strikes my fancy. I have been thinking about the 500 since the first time I saw one in the used case.

(Luzerne County)

Why not go with a .50AE Desert Eagle?
    The big thing, I suppose, is power. The S&W cartridge is substantially more powerful than the 50AE - about a half a foot ton more.
    That's important to a lot of folks.
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Monroe County)

my friend owns the 500 s&w magnum and wow woW WOW!!!!! it will take several hours before the smile leaves your face after shooting one of these!

we had such a blast (pun intended) up at the gouldsboro range before it was closed. the only downside is the price of ammo.

(Montgomery County)

Nobody NEEDS a 500 magnum, but there is something so cool about owning a revolver that can stop anything walking on this planet. As far as a DE 50 there is no comparison, I have the 500 mag and my cousin has a DE 50AE. The 500 mag is a much more impressive round when it goes off. The one big downfall of the DE is the grip is so freakin' big.
    I'd say buy one, you won't be disappointed. If your not gonna shoot it very often there is always the option of a used one.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Philadelphia County)

Just go to youtube and take a look. The revolver is crazy huge for starters and people don't like to shoot this thing from what i'm hearing. I've actually held one but never fired that SOB. One of my buddies shot it twice and he said ohh no thats enough! and he's a big muscular guy so, it ain't no joke and it ain't for beginners with revolvers. Thats all i have to say about that SOB.
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast