Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Just got my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    why?

we pay them. their job is to serve us. if they don't do it, we should fire them.

too many people have lost sight of that little fact.

I agree -- they are there to provide a service, not necessarily make us feel good like a retail sales person so we spend more money or recommend friends to use the service or buy product.

Again, I'm not making any excuse for rude and if they intentionally ignored the OP, then a note to Sheriff Durrante might be in order.

(Venango County)

In my opinion, the county should provide some type of break area away from the public to eat. There also needs to be rules that no more than 50% of the on-hand deputies/workers can be in the breakroom at any given time.

This would make it appear more professional and should improve service. Offer a solution when you complain. It takes the edge or bite off the complaint and shows that you want to help resolve a problem, not get people in hot water. (I know the latter is not your intent, but to people being criticised, they may get defensive and write you off as a snob/jerk on a power trip)
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Northampton County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WitsBusa View Post
    they are there to provide a service, not necessarily make us feel good like a retail sales person so we spend more money or recommend friends to use the service or buy product.
    the counter should be staffed during the hours it is open. and it should be staffed by someone who is friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. people who work there, but whose job does not include staffing the counter, should at least take it upon themselves to explain to customers that someone will be with them shortly.

the fact that a government has a monopoly doesn't change any of that. it does mean the government has no competitive incentive to treat its customers right. but, we are not only the customers, we are also the owners. as owners, we can and should demand that we as customers are treated right even though our employees work for a monopoly.
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by WitsBusa View Post
    wouldn't think so.. why? in your experience have department of corrections staff and county sheriff's deputies been warm and fuzzy? I have found them pleasant, but certainly not on par with a retail sales person trying to help me to buy something.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...iffs-dept.html

anyone has to be better than them.....
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Montgomery County)

Looks like I struck a nerve....

Its nice to know I'm not the only one who expects our employees (ie. persons employed, and paid by the tax payers) to do their job to the best of their ability.

Sheriff officers are unionized, no?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123