Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Just got my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Makes ya wish they had those front desk/bellhop bells in pocket size...just for such an occassion.

"Ring bell for service"
    I'd rather they had one like this:

Let them take arms

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by seldenr View Post
    And not one of them acknowledged my presence...
    It could have been a temper test. When I went down to innitially fill out the paper work and to pick up my licence, I was provoked deliberately I think by some nasty thing wearing a badge. She gave short nasty resonses and lots of attitude. I didn't bite, I said thank you very much and left.

(Montgomery County)

I got the m&p 9c because it had both ambi. mag release, and slide stop release. Both were very important to me to be lefty friendly.

(Allegheny County)

A lot of people don't realize or don't care that if customers can see them, they expect to be helped.

If you're eating lunch at your desk and visible, you're considered to be working by the public.

If you're off the clock but standing around in uniform and in your workplace, you're considered to be working by the public.

(Westmoreland County)

Congratulations on getting your LTCF, and welcome to PAFOA.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    A lot of people don't realize or don't care that if customers can see them, they expect to be helped.

If you're eating lunch at your desk and visible, you're considered to be working by the public.

If you're off the clock but standing around in uniform and in your workplace, you're considered to be working by the public.
    and in either case...somebody..even somebody off the clock... could have at least acknowledged his presence...no?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by seldenr View Post
    As a resident of Montgomery County I ended up at the Sherrifs office to get my LTCF today. (I had already verified they had received my local police check card.) When I went in the office there were four officers. I was the only person at the counter. One was on the phone doing something work related. Two were deeply engaged in a personal conversation about their private gun safes and holsters. And a REALLY fat one was shoving food down his pie hole at an alarming rate. And not one of them acknowledged my presence... A man in a trench coat walked by and said someone would be with me shortly, five minutes later, when the fat one had finished stuffing his face he waddled over and asked "Are you being helped?".

I realize that this may be normal behavior for some, but I cant help but be totally pissed off at their lack of professionalism. I've been a retail sales manager for the past 9 years, I would NEVER tolerate that kind of behavior from one of my employees. Hell, if I went to a store to buy a gun, and I was just ignored by the staff, I'd get the store owner on the phone and tear him and his staff a new one.

WFT is wrong with our law enforcement personal in Norristown?

I bust my ass every day at work, and these lazy f***s make more than I do.

...I feel better... At least I can carry a gun now :-)

not that it excuses them blatantly ignoring someone at the desk... but did you happen to say, "excuse me"? Maybe the guys were really into their conversation about the gun safes or whatever, and I'd presume the big fellow was on a meal break. I've always found the Montgomery County deputies a reasonably decent bunch.. keep in mind that they deal with a lot of annoying attorneys, unhappy litigants and dragging not real nice guys to and from the correctional facility, so understandably their demeanor isn't "bubbly". I also think it is a little bit unrealistic to expect them to have the same commitment to pleasing you and making the situation warm and fuzzy as a private, retail sales person.

Quote Originally Posted by WitsBusa View Post
    not that it excuses them blatantly ignoring someone at the desk... but did you happen to say, "excuse me"? Maybe the guys were really into their conversation about the gun safes or whatever, and I'd presume the big fellow was on a meal break. I've always found the Montgomery County deputies a reasonably decent bunch.. keep in mind that they deal with a lot of annoying attorneys, unhappy litigants and dragging not real nice guys to and from the correctional facility, so understandably their demeanor isn't "bubbly". I also think it is a little bit unrealistic to expect them to have the same commitment to pleasing you and making the situation warm and fuzzy as a private, retail sales person.
    ...and their situation is different from the Sheriffs or COs of other districts?
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WitsBusa View Post
    I also think it is a little bit unrealistic to expect them to have the same commitment to pleasing you and making the situation warm and fuzzy as a private, retail sales person.
    why?

we pay them. their job is to serve us. if they don't do it, we should fire them.

too many people have lost sight of that little fact.
    F*S=k

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    ...and their situation is different from the Sheriffs or COs of other districts?

wouldn't think so.. why? in your experience have department of corrections staff and county sheriff's deputies been warm and fuzzy? I have found them pleasant, but certainly not on par with a retail sales person trying to help me to buy something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast