I'm thinking of trying coyote hunting this year as well. God knows I have a pile of them behind my house here in Beaver County. I go out to have a smoke at the back door of my house and you can hear them howling back and forth at each other, and you can also tell when they have a kill and are feeding, they get that high pitched whine between one another as they go through thier pecking order. I am also convinced that these are the hybrids. I have a 110 pound half coonhound, half lab that has a big foot on her, and these tracks are almost as big as hers, so that tells me they are decent sized as well. That and the fact that they are pack hunting. A non hybrid coyote is more of a solitary hunter and rarely pack hunts, and the ones I have behind my house are the opposite.

As with the drunk hunters on certain seasons, that was one of the main reasons I quit deer hunting for a while. I couldn't stand hunting cause it was like I had to have eyes in the back of my head cause those lot just didn't care at all. Lets just say I removed myself from a potentially dangerous situation. I know it wasn'r everybody, just seemed the drunks and the crazy folk gravitated to my area LOL.

Erin