Well it is still pretty cold here in Pittsburgh (22F and windy) but I wanted to try out a new S&W model 41 that I recently purchased so I took it and a Beretta model 89 that I own out to the range for some comparison.

I natuarally atarted with the new S&W 41 pistol and ran about 250 rounds down range. Wow, what a disappointment! I had multiple failures of every description - stovepipes, failures to feed failure to fire, failure to eject, you name it. Accuracy was ok for standing handheld shooting at 25 yards on a cold windy day, with some shivering involved.

OK I thought maybe it was the cold but I hoped not, so I got out my Beretta 89 and ran about the same number through it with one failure to fire and even reloading it twice would not get a detonation, so I don't think it was the pistol. That may also be the case with the failures of that type in the 41, but did not account for the other problems I had.

Has anyone else had problems with a 41 in cold weather vs warm? I think I may have to send this thing back to S&W, cause it doesn't work well at all.