Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec PF-9

(York County)

Question Kel-Tec PF-9

Any one have any info on this gun. I'm thinking of buying one for a BUG.

Default Re: Kel-Tec PF-9

I have had one for about 3 or 4 months now. It has been problem free thus far for about 500 rounds now, and I'm to the point that I trust it's reliability.

I have NOT done the fluff and buff that everyone talks about needing done, and I don't think I'll bother doing it unless I get feeding issues.

Overall, nice little gun. Can be pocket carried, but concealability depends on how your pants fit you (eg - I can pocket carry this gun without any printing if I have on cargo pants, but in looser fitting jeans it's a little noticeable, still do-able though).

Recoil isn't as bad as some people make it out to be...I've shot 100 rounds in one session and could feel it, but it wasn't unbearable.

(Allegheny County)

I own two of these and I've never had any problems with either one. For the money I think they are a good deal.

(York County)

Smile Re: Kel-Tec PF-9

Thanks,
    I've heard of them pinching in some way, and I read that they have a lot of sharp edges. Any truth to any of this?

(Lackawanna County)

the edges wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the nasty recoil. that can be remedied with somke sand paper, or a Hogue Handall grip.

my brother has one, and it's been faithful, accurate, and easy to carry. as far as holsters go, most leather that'll fit a compact 1911 will also fit the Keltec.

(Perry County)

What are the option for mounting a laser on the PF-9? I've been looking but am loath to give up the laser on the 638.

(Lackawanna County)

there are a couple of options for lasers; less so for lights. i think only Insight makes a light for it, but lasers should be no problem.

i'm too lazy to look for them right now.

(Allegheny County)

I've been looking at this but have never had the opportunity to shoot one. Hell, I've been to about 5 gun shops so far and no one HAS them either...

Even online isn't coming up with anything. So much so, I'm about to skip it in favor of something else for the time being and come back to it when they are easier to find that hen's teeth. I'd REALLY like to handle one before I'd seriously consider buying it.

I've done all the reading, I'm not unfamiliar with the P3AT and the P11 etc. So I have an idea of what I'm getting... but I still want to hold one in my hand before I plunk down cash on something I'd probably have to order in. (Since I can't find any) The other problem is that the one or two that I do find online, aren't the OD and park like I'd prefer to have. So maybe I'm just being picky. (But you can't find this configuration at all)

It is nice to hear that everyone that has one, likes it.

(Lancaster County)

I own the P3AT and the P-11. Both are great guns. I carry the P3AT daily with a Armalaser on it. The P-11 I bought for the better half but have carried it some, it depends on the mood and clothes. I havnt fired the PF-9 but hear that its recoil is a little harsh but judging from the P-11 I doubt its to bad.
    No longer posting

A good friend of mine owns one. I've had the pleasure of handling it quite a bit and shooting a few times. Yes, there are some sharp edges but a little bit of time with a file and some emery cloth seemed to do a pretty good job on his. You can't complain about the price either.

ETA: Crimson Trace offers a sweet set up for the PF-9.
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...5/Default.aspx
    Last edited by hertz; January 15th, 2010 at 02:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast