Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default After completing probation, am I eligible for LTCF?

Hello all, I’m new to the boards and have what I hope is a simple question regarding obtaining my LTCF. I was arrested in NJ roughly one year ago for possession of less than one gram of Marijuana. This whole fiasco resulted in three charges, Possession, Paraphernalia (rolling papers), and CDS in a motor vehicle.

The DA was reasonable and included all charges under the Conditional Discharge program (NJ’s equivalent to ARD), probation for one year. I am about to successfully complete the CD program and have all of the charges dismissed. I was not forced to submit a plea to enter the CD program. I believe I have one month left before I am free and clear.

Obviously I am going to wait until I get confirmation that the program was completed successfully before applying for my LTCF, but is there anything restricting me from acquiring my LTCF when this is all over with? The only thing that, in my eyes, could pose an issue is the arrest record which needs to be expunged separately.

On the note of expungement… In NJ I’m forced to wait 6 months after completing the CD program before submitting for the arrest expungement.

Any advice? I believe if I’m denied my LTCF I have to wait a year before re-applying?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: After completing probation, am I eligible for LTCF?

NO.

ten characters.