Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default New gun owner and new to the forum

Hey everyone, just picked up my first handgun today and figured I would introduce myself. I have been reading these forums for a while now but this is my first post. I have learned a lot and already had most of my questions answered just from reading these forums so thanks for all the info.

But anyway I have been considering getting a handgun for a while now. My primary use will be for concealed carry and just having some fun at the range occasionally. From my research I found that the Bersa Thunder 380 might be the gun for me, and after going to the store and handleing it along with a few others I decided that it felt just right.

I look forward to talking more with you all, heres some pics (by the way the shirt is what I used to clean off all the grease this gun seems to come covered in, just thought you all might enjoy it)
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Centre County)

Default Re: New gun owner and new to the forum

Welcome!

(Allegheny County)

Welcome!
    Glad the forum has been helpful to you.

You mentioned that this is your first handgun. Do you own long guns, or is this your first firearm? (If so, it will not be your last. Trust me.)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Welcome aboard!

One important thing you need to know, always use proper terminology when referring to clips and magazines, or Emptymag here might bust out the ban hammer on you

Proud member of:

Welcome & congratulations on the purchase of your first gun. I say "first", because once you have one, others seem to start following you home.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Bucks County)

No I don't have any long guns this is my first firearm. From browsing the forums I have become very interested in AR-15's and I can definately see myself wanting one and probably a few other guns in the future once I have a bit more money. I am still a college student at the moment, senior at Kutztown University although my hometown is Newtown in bucks county.

I am really excited to get to range with my bersa, so if anyone has any suggestions as to somewhere near Kutztown or at least somewhat near by that would be great.

As far as the terminoligy goes I have noticed a few people getting their balls busted for it so I try to use the right words so i can sound educated

(Chester County)

Welcome to the forum. For me it's been a great source of knowledge about many aspects of gun ownership, including laws, maintenance, reviews and many other topics that have helped me make informed decisions.

One thing I'd like to request right up front is, if you have anymore cool t-shirts like that, let me know before you trash them with grease. I'll trade you my worthless XD- 45 shirt for one and you can use that as a grease rag instead.

if you don't understand that comment, you will soon enough. hehe

(Bucks County)

haha alright, well unfortunately the shirt was already a bit of a mess before I added more grease to it. It was my dads and he was going to trash it but I found it amusing so I decided to take it.

Welcome Range report whenever you get the chance
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Welcome to the forum. That is a great looking Bersa. I considered getting a .380 for a while, and I couldn't find a bad review out there about the Bersa. Welcome to the beginning of a very expensive hobby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast