Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Dog The Bounty Hunter

I am watching "Dog Days of Summer" on A&E. It is a marathon of Dog's season (5 I think?), and I have to say, publicly:

I HAVE MAD RESPECT FOR DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER(link)

I made a crack a while ago about Dog that some people took the wrong way (I typed it wrong It looked like I was questioning his bravery.) Dog rulez. He performs a hell of a service for the community and, frankly, I like his show (better than most of the drivel on the Idiot box, that's for sure!). I think Dog is a brave man. He goes into some 'hoods I sure wouldn't want to with out a long gun and some stand alone Level IV! So - I have respect. Nuff said.

Check it out: tonight @ 9pm on A&E is a show called "A Man Called Dog". I think it is all about his life - including his time as an enforcer for an outlaw biker gang. Dog went down for 5 for murder, and I think the story is that that was a wake up call and he straightened his ass out. This is prolly why he can do so well in conversing with his bounties - he understands that they are on hard times, and knows what they are going through.
    Last edited by OneLungMcClung; August 14th, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Dog The Bounty Hunter

I certainly have respect for bravery. Having said that, what does a reality show have to do with bravery?

All of those shows are scripted.

Entertainment only.

What are the chances of the shows producers allowing Doggie and his crew to get the snot beat out of them or worse?

That would certainly put a crimp in their production schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    I certainly have respect for bravery. Having said that, what does a reality show have to do with bravery?

All of those shows are scripted.

Entertainment only.

What are the chances of the shows producers allowing Doggie and his crew to get the snot beat out of them or worse?

That would certainly put a crimp in their production schedule.
    i disagree, i think the reality shows that follow cops, or say the deadliest catch or the new iceroad truckrs are hoping for a person to get shot or drown or whatever.. they dont care about the people, just ratings and if dog dies on film, or a ship of people america fell inlove with goes down the ratings will go sky high and thats all they care about.. they want the worst of the worst to happen IMO

(Washington County)

Read his comments on gun laws and carrying. Last paragraph. (swiped this from survivor's sks board)

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_6541788

He's Denver's Dog.

Duane "Dog" Chapman is the bounty hunter, just out with his auto-bio "You Can Run But You Can't Hide." He was born and raised here - and he's got the stories to prove it.

Dog's a famous dude. His TV series, "Dog the Bounty Hunter," is No.1 on A&E and it's just about to start its fifth season. The book is filled with tales of his misspent Denver youth, huffing in the parks, running from the cops, holding up hippies, riding with motorcycle gangs.

"But I don't remember a lot," he says from his house in Hawaii. "I was always running from the cops and they were always arresting me. I spent a lot of time with the cops back then."

And a lot of time with Denver attorney Gary Lozow, who still reps Dog.

Dog says he used to set up drug deals in Wash Park, then he would go and steal the dope and the money from the dealers. He figured it was the perfect crime.

"I wasn't robbing normal people," he says. "These people were like drug dealers."

He lives now in a house filled with kids - and he loves kids. "It's because of Colorado," he says. "When I was raised there we did a lot of things in the mountains, fishing, hunting, camping. All Denver had then was Villa Italia and Celebrity Lanes. We had to go to the mountains together, the children and the family in the miracle masterpiece outside the door."

His TV bio will be on A&E on Aug. 14 - much of it filmed here in Denver.

He was recently back in town and thinks Colorado has one big problem: bad gun laws.

"It may be the Wild West, but you need to tighten up your gun laws," says Dog. "I never met one straight person who was packing. It's not the good guys with the guns. If I ever get back there, I'll change (those laws)."
    Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Westmoreland County)

I used to think Dog had double standards...he would talk trash on the fugitives but once he captured them, he got all mushy and starts crying and stuff. But now I guess him showing compassion for people is a big part of the show...kinda what the show is about tonight.

X2 on Deadliest Catch...one of my all time fav shows

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

"It may be the Wild West, but you need to tighten up your gun laws," says Dog. "I never met one straight person who was packing. It's not the good guys with the guns. If I ever get back there, I'll change (those laws)."

thats nice of him to say....

(Lebanon County)

What bloomautomatic and XD45 said. He's an entertainment figure, and has no respect for Law abiding gun owner. and has bought into Hawaii's anti-gun propaganda. He has no respect for me, I have no respect for him. He's just another Felon/ ex-con piece of dog DUNG!.

(Luzerne County)

We watch the show. Its fun. I laugh many times at his "posse" as they dress like a SWAT team, but hey.....its tv.

I'm also waiting for his wife Beth to knock someone out with her bazoooms!!

I used to watch it, but got sick of how he'd start crying along with the people and all that. anyone ever see the south park when cartman is the dog? freakin hilarious
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Om2xqCAjyKQ if you dont want to watch the whole thing, atleast watch around 3:30, hilarious parady of his little posse "she ran away now she gots to deal with the dog"

(Chester County)

I have 0 respect for him. He's is a convicted murderer. I don't care if he's reformed or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast