(Berks County)

Default Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

A couple images of the business logo...

Business card:

Range membership card: (front and back)

Decals for the side of my truck:

Store sign:

I'll admit that I steered clear of that place when it was the Gun Gallery because of all the negative reports about the place, But it's starting to look half decent now. I know that this is primarilly a pistol range, but was wondering if you will allow shotguns? FCO allows them with slugs only, but it would be nice to practice with my home defense buckshot load. I was told by one employee that the FCO range wouldn't contain multiple projectiles, but another person there said shot shells make too much of a mess, and they just got tired of clening them up. Let us know what you think. I'll be by to try it out either way after you open up.

BTW, if you need someone to try it out and make sure the range still works prior to opening, just drop me a line.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnXD View Post
    I'll admit that I steered clear of that place when it was the Gun Gallery because of all the negative reports about the place, But it's starting to look half decent now. I know that this is primarilly a pistol range, but was wondering if you will allow shotguns? FCO allows them with slugs only, but it would be nice to practice with my home defense buckshot load. I was told by one employee that the FCO range wouldn't contain multiple projectiles, but another person there said shot shells make too much of a mess, and they just got tired of clening them up. Let us know what you think. I'll be by to try it out either way after you open up.

BTW, if you need someone to try it out and make sure the range still works prior to opening, just drop me a line.
    I don't personally have a problem with shotguns on the range...

The biggest problem in that range has always been ventilation. Not so much because it isn't there, but because all the fans were seldom used at the same time. If you saw the electric bill there, you would understand.
    There are several different filter/fan boxes throughout the range overhead... but none of them are capable all by themselves. We can give it a try and see how the current ventilation system handles it... If we start coughing up gunpowder after a few minutes, I guess we'll know that answer.

I think it (shotguns) would be OK if all fans were running... but I still worry that it might cause problems with the air in the range.

I'm working from a limited budget at the moment... and still have many more things to accomplish... but suffice to say, eventually the entire range will be gutted and brought up to date with new equipment. The current improvements are just the beginning of a long-term complete transformation.

Once I'm up and running for awhile and actually bringing IN money (instead of spending like a drunken sailor) I will start reinvesting into the business with upgrades and improvements. At the top of that list is a modern and more effective ventilation system.

As far as getting in there to shoot... we are getting close to "go-time"
    Last night I hung a couple notices on the front door/window with the new range membership requirements.

I'll post 'em up here shortly.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; March 17th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.

(Berks County)

Here are the membership details...
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Berks County)

A few more pictures...

(Chester County)

Dragracer_Art:

Couldn't help notice that your safety rules say:

"Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm."

Are you requiring CC/OC customers to unload/reload their carry pieces in the parking lot?
    IANAL

(Montgomery County)

I am wondering the same thing?
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Montgomery County)

Also, since there are only 6 lanes, is shooting on a first come, first serve, or will there be appointment times available?
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Dragracer_Art:

Couldn't help notice that your safety rules say:

"Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm."

Are you requiring CC/OC customers to unload/reload their carry pieces in the parking lot?
    Keep in mind... insurance companies review store policys and also do on-site visits prior to issuing insurance. "Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm" is a policy that makes the insurance company happy... not necessarily my personal opinion.

I'm not a big fan of open carry, as I feel it is doing more harm than good by galvanizing the anti-gun movement. I'm not rabidly against open carry, but personally, I would prefer that loaded "carry guns" remain concealed and out of sight. If you want to carry openly in my store, I would appreciate the courtesy of letting me know in advance.
    This store has alot of (bad) past customers that I prefer not to deal with in the future. The first few months of new business may be a little risky and I may be a little "on-edge" until the word gets around that we are a NEW business and will be running a very tight ship from here on out.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by yldwill View Post
    Also, since there are only 6 lanes, is shooting on a first come, first serve, or will there be appointment times available?
    It will be a first come, first serve range. It will be limited to members only, so there will be zero risk of being flooded with walk-in shooters. Everyone shooting in this range will be a member and will need to be approved before shooting.
    If you don't have a carry permit, you will need to get one. If you are from an area which is difficult to obtain a carry permit (Philly,etc...) we will work with you to get the membership approved. It may involve a background check of some kind... but it has to be done. I cannot allow criminals and gangbangers in this range shooting alongside police officers and law abiding citizens. Here in Berks County, the carry permit involves a simple 10 minute visit to the courthouse, or one of the monthly satellite locations. They are issued on the spot.

If this policy is too difficult for some folks to follow, then those folks can find somewhere else to shoot.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; March 17th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast