Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

1000% improvement. I am glad to hear that there may still be a future. Happy to hear that you and Tommy have ironed out your differences. I'm looking forward to the gun range reopening.

Best of Luck with everything. I just hope, you aren't being played to upgrade the real estate only to improve resale value for the owners.

(Berks County)

It's looking Nice! Is the back rifle/shotgun room still going to be open to public?
    I would suggest getting rid of all them old little odds and ends.
    All that stuff cluttered Gives me a bad feel The place should have more of a clean cut organized image.

looking good man.

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

Wow, it's looking really good. I hope it works out for ya! Keep us posted on future improvements....THANKS!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    1000% improvement. I am glad to hear that there may still be a future. Happy to hear that you and Tommy have ironed out your differences. I'm looking forward to the gun range reopening.

Best of Luck with everything. I just hope, you aren't being played to upgrade the real estate only to improve resale value for the owners.
    I never had a problem with art, it might have seemed that way in my postings, we got together under a bad situation thats all.
    i went threw almost the exact same situation when i started there, i had to get rid of eric, the greasy headed nut job that was there before me.

just be careful art DOUBT everything either one of them say to you and just be very careful Art you can get jammed up real quick with them.
    If you have a chance go out and have a talk with jim at gun traders....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ninvin21 View Post
    It's looking Nice! Is the back rifle/shotgun room still going to be open to public?
    I would suggest getting rid of all them old little odds and ends.
    All that stuff cluttered Gives me a bad feel The place should have more of a clean cut organized image.

looking good man.
    There really won't be any need to get into the back room anymore, as there won't be nearly the number of guns in the store anymore.
    Everything in the inventory will be on display and visible from the customer side of the counter.

The other (main) reason for the new layout is security.

The big issue I had with the previous layout is... regardless of where you wait on customers, you always have your back exposed to others.
    The current layout addresses this issue. Anyone now working behind the counter will be facing the door and will have a place to retreat/take cover if something goes bad. The cash register is also at the far corner of the room, far away from the door. Previously, it was two steps inside the front door.

The gun range will now also have it's own seperate counter... where ammo, targets, eyes/ears/etc... will be kept.

Like I mentioned in the last update, it looks different since those pics were taken. All the knick-knacks are now off the walls and stored in the warehouse to be addressed in the future. That stuff all belongs to Jay and Taryn... and I'd rather not get too much of their stuff intermingled with mine. If/when the time comes to open the store again, the inventory for sale will be mostly mine.
    You will see a neat, clean and orderly store.

Don't expect to see hundreds of guns the first day the doors are open. I will need to work with a comfortable number and slowly grow the inventory as needed. It will likely just be a small stash of my personally owned guns, along with those belonging to family/relatives to help get things rolling.
    I think when a gun dealer's inventory starts to approach numbers in the THOUSANDS, the BATF and local LE start to get very nervous and there is little room for error in record-keeping.
    It will be much more prudent to manage 100-200 guns, instead of 2000-3000.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post

Thanks for the support... and yes, Tom and I are all good now. I don't think there were ever any hostilities between us, just misunderstandings and lack of communication. He now has my cell number and is free to call any time.

Obviously, Jay and Taryn still own the property... and it's absolutely their right to sell or lease to someone else if they choose. I honestly don't see it happening, but if it does, so be it. I haven't invested anything but time and labor at this point. Once legal documents are completed and the future is more secure, I will start putting some money into it.
    Nothing is guaranteed... and anything can happen at the last minute... as the BATF showed us when they decided to raid the store... but my gut feeling is, everything will eventually get sorted out and things will move in a positive direction.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; February 16th, 2010 at 02:28 AM.

(Montgomery County)

You said if/when the store opens. Do you have a timetable for this or are you winging it for now? I've been following this fairly closely and would like to stop in when you do. I bought items there in the past and can't wait until the shop is up and running again.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RNMCB21 View Post
    You said if/when the store opens. Do you have a timetable for this or are you winging it for now? I've been following this fairly closely and would like to stop in when you do. I bought items there in the past and can't wait until the shop is up and running again.
    If it were up to me, I'd open tomorrow and stay open 7 days a week... so yeah, you could say I'm "winging it". lol

Problem is, lawyers only move so fast...

Obviously I'd like to keep things going on a fast track, but that may be a bit optimistic right now.
    It's possible the store may open again fairly soon and only offer range availability and ammo sales at first until the new FFL is issued... which may take several weeks to obtain...

I also need to consider the local PD and Twp with respect to the store re-opening... as some may not be too exited about the idea.

I need to reassure everyone involved, (including customers) this will not be the Gun Gallery re-opened under a different name. It will be a new business with a new owner, going in a new direction. Jay and Taryn will still own the property for the short term... but the business, name, owner, FFL, etc... will all be new and unrelated to the Fisher's.
    I've already got a pretty detailed business plan... and have already chosen a business name. The attorneys are handling the formation of my LLC right now... and are helping me get all my ducks in a row.

This is a business pretty much formed from scratch... and starting from the beginning. There will be no affiliation with Gun Gallery, other than the location.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; February 16th, 2010 at 04:23 AM.

(Berks County)

Conbratulations. Be sure to post when you reopen the range. I am getting rusty and need to get some range time in. Hope everything works out great for you.

(Schuylkill County)

This is great news! I hope things work out for the better for you Dragon. Can't wait for it to open since it's so close to home. Keep us posted on when the range opens I'd love to stop by.

If you need any help cleaning or anything I'd be happy to help in the afternoon sometime.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast