Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
    In a nutshell... the Gun Gallery is gone... along with any previous arrangements or agreements with past customers.

I already have people calling MY phone number leaving messages on MY answer machine, asking about layaway guns from the Gun Gallery.

I am not the Gun Gallery and I have nothing to do with the previous business other than simply being a past customer.
    that is just wrong, sorry but it is. the members that joined payed for a membership to use the range, it was not there fault that the fishers did what they did but in the end they are getting screwed again.
    you say you are a differnt buisness then the gun gallery but in all your pictures all i see is a cleaned up gun gallery the antique guns you have in the pictures are all jay an taryn's all the crap on the wall are still the same stuff as that was in there, just cleaned up. i tried doing the stuff you are doing while ago,while i was there and i wasn't allowed now it has to be done.......
    somebody comes in looking for a magazine what are you going to order one in or are you going to go in the back and sell them one thats there.
    sorry but you say you have nothing to do with the fishers but i see taryns honda there all the time putting trash in the cans and carring stuff in, common lets be honest the fishers still have a role in the shop it maybe silent but they still have a part in it.
    i am really sorry art, i know me an you got along but things are not what they apear to be.
    and if you dont beleive me how they are, talk to the central berks police i had to go to them 2 weeks ago because of her harrasing me and my family driveing past my house all the time calling me leaving me nasty messages and sending me threatning emails. if they are not a part of it she would not be upset with me talking.
    go talk to jim at gun traders and ask him what they did to him and they are STILL calling him wanting him to come back.
    if you are your own buisness all the fishers stuff would be out of there and you would be starting off with nothing.
    you have gotten people to notice the place an say some better things but go to ANY of the local outdoor clubs and see what people are saying it is not good.
    I was at the vf gun show this weekend and i cant even count the number of customers i dealt with came up to me and asked what is going on with layaways, gun range memberships and other problems left over from them. when they were shut down there was i think roughly a little over 300 active paid up memberships that is over $9000 in range fee's that have been paid in, be prepaired for a shitstorm of pist off range members. if your trying to get customers back in the door, that is not a good way to start out
    Last edited by partsman; March 19th, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by partsman View Post
    that is just wrong, sorry but it is. the members that joined payed for a membership to use the range, it was not there fault that the fishers did what they did but in the end they are getting screwed again.
    you say you are a differnt buisness then the gun gallery but in all your pictures all i see is a cleaned up gun gallery the antique guns you have in the pictures are all jay an taryn's all the crap on the wall are still the same stuff as that was in there, just cleaned up. i tried doing the stuff you are doing while i was there and i wasn't allowed now it has to be done.......
    somebody comes in looking for a magazine what are you going to order one in or are you going to go in the back and sell them one thats there.
    sorry but you say you have nothing to do with the fishers but i see taryns honda there all the time putting trash in the cans and carring stuff in, common lets be honest the fishers still have a role in the shop it maybe silent but they still have a part in it.
    i am really sorry art, i know me an you got along but things are not what they apear to be.
    and if you dont beleive me how they are, talk to the central berks police i had to go to them last week because of her harrasing me and my family driveing past my house all the time calling me leaving me nasty messages and sending me threatning emails.
    or go talk to jim at gun traders and ask him what they did to him and they are STILL calling him wanting him to come back.
    if you are your own buisness all the fishers stuff would be out of there.
    and you would be starting off with nothing........
    Tom, I don't know what your hang-up is with me, but I would appreciate if you would start minding your own business. The building is still owned by Taryn, there is no disputing that. I DO have a signed and notarized lease in hand...WITH first option to buy and there is no disputing that either.
    Guess what else... The electric bill is in my name, along with the UGI gas bill. Oh, I can't forget the $2600 check I wrote last week for the insurance premium... or the thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours spent cleaning and painting the store and range...
    How about the LLC I formed ? The new EIN number, sales tax license, etc...etc...etc... I suppose you think the Fishers are somehow responsible for that effort as well ?
    If I honor Gun Gallery range memberships, what’s next ? Do you expect me to also honor layaway plans and deposits on guns too ?

Will all due respect Tom, you are out of your mind and don't have a CLUE what is going on in that store OR what I intend to do with it.

As far as what remains in the store ?
    There is just no human way to completely empty that place overnight, nor is it possible to stock it with 2300 replacement guns overnight. Do you honestly think I want ALL that stuff in the store ? I would be THRILLED to see a semi truck back up to the warehouse door and empty that warehouse. TRUST me, I have ZERO interest in much of what remains there. Only select items interest me... and what is done with those items is NONE of your concern. Had it ever crossed your mind that MAYBE, just maybe I would BUY some of that remaining inventory and resell it ?
    Like I said, you just don't have a clue.
    For you to insinuate that I am somehow building a shadow business for the Fisher's is downright insulting. I have NOTHING to do with the Gun Gallery or it's previous business... YOU do... YOU are the guy that was willing to work there all year for $8 an hour while collecting a disability check at the same time. YOU complain that the place was such a mess and you busted your ass trying to make it a better place... yet every time I walked in there you were stuffing your face with Chinese food while the place remained a disaster area. You DID NOTHING and OFFERED NOTHING for that place. All you did was litter it with cigarette butts and rotten Chinese food debris. I'm still cleaning up after your filthy disgusting mess and expect that will continue for some time.

I've gotten more done in that store the first week I was there, than you managed to accomplish in an entire year working there… “Busting your ass” as you put it.

And, for the record… everything I said to you in our FTF meeting at the store a few weeks ago was strictly political ass kissing, hoping you would just smile and go away like I expected any normal person would do... yet you continue to chime-in and badger me with your nonsensical bullshit and bad grammar...
    If you are/were so concerned about this place... where were you when all the shit hit the fan ? Did YOU offer to step-in and correct/redirect the business ? Did YOU come in and clean up after the BATF trashed the already cluttered store ? Did YOU get out of bed and unlock the door at 7am to let 20+ agents raid the store ? Where exactly WERE you ? As I understand it... the only interest YOU had in the store was getting inside the day after the BATF left so you could use the range to shoot.

Please dude, just go away and move on. You really are pathetic.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; March 19th, 2010 at 01:31 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ninvin21 View Post
    Sounds Great,I'm glad things are working out for you.
    Everything is looking Good.
    I also Recently met Rob H, He did a transfer for me recently.
    He is a Great Guy! Your Right He would be a huge asset to The store
    But I know he's a busy Guy he got his own stuff going on.
    That would be great if use could work something out.
    This Is Rob G's Buddy Vince by the way, I told Rob if you guys need an extra hand with anything I'm here.
    Yup, Rob has mentioned your name a number of times. I'd be happy to meet you. Any friend of Rob's is a friend of mine.
    I'd REALLY like to meet all these "ladies" he keeps talking about... he always seems to be preoccupied with "taking care of his girls" (inside joke)

Stop on by if you see us at the shop... we can always use an extra hand. I can only hold two Coors Light bottles at a time.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; March 19th, 2010 at 01:37 AM.

(Berks County)

I would like to thank the guy I met today at the post office... I'm sorry I don't recall the name, other than PAFOA member "exo-something". It was nice to meet you... and to be honest, unexpected. I only put the logo magnets on my truck 20 minutes earlier... and didn't expect anyone to recognize them so quickly.

You said you wanted to stop up at the shop for a membership... I hung around 'till about 1:30 but had to run out for awhile. I'm in and out pretty much during the day... and sometimes I'm there late into the evening.

If you see my truck parked out front, just walk up and bang on the door... I'm not yet open for "official" business, but I'm always happy to meet and shake hands with new customers. I can get you fixed up with a membership card in a couple minutes.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
    Tom, I don't know what your hang-up is with me, but I would appreciate if you would start minding your own business. The building is still owned by Taryn, there is no disputing that. I DO have a signed and notarized lease in hand...WITH first option to buy and there is no disputing that either.
    Guess what else... The electric bill is in my name, along with the UGI gas bill. Oh, I can't forget the $2600 check I wrote last week for the insurance premium... or the thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours spent cleaning and painting the range...
    How about the LLC I formed ? The new EIN number, sales tax license, etc...etc...etc... I suppose you think the Fishers are somehow responsible for that effort as well ?
    If I honor Gun Gallery range memberships, what’s next ? Do you expect me to also honor layaway plans and deposits on guns too ?

Will all due respect Tom, you are out of your mind and don't have a CLUE what is going on in that store OR what I intend to do with it.

As far as what remains in the store ?
    There is just no human way to completely empty that place overnight, nor is it possible to stock it with 2300 replacement guns overnight. Do you honestly think I want ALL that stuff in the store ? I would be THRILLED to see a semi truck back up to the warehouse door and empty that warehouse. TRUST me, I have ZERO interest in much of what remains there. Only select items interest me... and what is done with those items is NONE of your concern. Had it ever crossed your mind that MAYBE, just maybe I would BUY some of that remaining inventory and resell it ?
    Like I said, you just don't have a clue.
    For you to insinuate that I am somehow building a shadow business for the Fisher's is downright insulting. I have NOTHING to do with the Gun Gallery or it's previous business... YOU do... YOU are the guy that was willing to work there all year for $8 an hour while collecting a disability check at the same time. YOU complain that the place was such a mess and you busted your ass trying to make it a better place... yet every time I walked in there you were stuffing your face with Chinese food while the place remained a disaster area. You DID NOTHING and OFFERED NOTHING for that place. All you did was litter it with cigarette butts and rotten Chinese food debris. I'm still cleaning up after your filthy disgusting mess and expect that will continue for some time.

I've gotten more done in that store the first week I was there, than you managed to accomplish in an entire year working there… “Busting your ass” as you put it.

And, for the record… everything I said to you in our FTF meeting at the store a few weeks ago was strictly political ass kissing, hoping you would just smile and go away like I expected any normal person would do... yet you continue to chime-in and badger me with your nonsensical bullshit and bad grammar...
    If you are/were so concerned about this place... where were you when all the shit hit the fan ? Did YOU offer to step-in and correct/redirect the business ? Did YOU come in and clean up after the BATF trashed the already cluttered store ? Did YOU get out of bed and unlock the door at 7am to let 20+ agents raid the store ? Where exactly WERE you ? As I understand it... the only interest YOU had in the store was getting inside the day after the BATF left so you could use the range to shoot.

Please dude, just go away and move on. You really are pathetic.
    on.[/QUOTE]
    see your beleiving what taryn said i have never collected a dissability check, i applied for it but never got it, i was trying to get insurence so i can my back neck an shoulders fixed. so you can acuse me of fraud all you want but it is not the case. that is also liable.
    and if i was locked in the place like you have been i could have gotten the stuff done but no instead i had to deal that the pissed off on gunbroaker customers for getting something that was misrepresented online or doing a gun sale or haveing to dig threw piles of crap trying to find lost guns for a atf compliance check that lasted almost a year. i dont even want hear that crap on not getting anything done.
    as for stuffing my face with chinese, what am i not allowed to eat ? how many people get to sit down and relax for lunch, not me i was the only one there most of the time answering the phone or selling a gun . so yea it might take me 2-3 hours to eat a cold chinease lunch so yea it seemed like i ate all day. the chinese debri is just a lie my trash went in the can everyday what did you find some dried up rice in the drawer, that was left for the mice.what filthy disgusting mess did i leave behind that has taken you this long to clean up
    you were there what 3x times while i was there so your saying whatever to save face.
    yea i tried to clean the place but then thats when they hired tito an ralph and i was told by jay if he catches me cleaning up he would fire me, thats what they were there for. I was there to sell an clean guns.
    as for building a shadow buisness i never said that, i just made the comment based on what i see.
    you were the one that told me that night we talked that jays lawyer told you that he was going to bank roll you, the words came from your mouth not mine.
    i never said to honor the memberships but just telling people there shit out of luck just isn't fair but i do understand your point you have to make money but there needs to be some sort of gesture to returning members.
    in one of your previous posts you said i was the only good comments that you have seen posted an now above you said i did nothing an offered nothing so which is it.
    I will go away I dont plan to post in this post anymore so you can say any slanderis thing you want about me. I dont have to answer to you and never really valued yours or the fishers opion.
    as for being pathetic is somebody has a gold mine buisness and runs it into the ground from self destruction, thats pathetic.
    i think a better adjective for me is an asshole or maybe gullable for beleiveing liars possibley a little stupid but no i am not pathetic in any way

where was i when the shit hit the fan ? at home sleeping, was i called to come unlock or was i to use my esp powers and just show up there to unlock, i never knew it till i drove past and then called taryen to find out what was going on.
    as for redirecting buisness how was i to do that i played the messages that left on my voice mail what was i supposed to do?
    as for wanting to use the range, yea i asked her so what it was like 15 degrees out and 20 mph wind all i wanted to do was shoot off 30 shells for a load that i was working up on my .45, the range was sitting empty the place was cleared by the atf so what was the big deal. after just loseing a job to someone else's fault what was the problem.

as for my spelling an grammer yea it sucks, i will be the first to admit it. I partied my way threw school skated threw on a c/d average so yea there is allot i missed out that i regret
    in my opion this thread should be closed anyway this part of the forum i thought was for open active shops with an active ffl and not just for free advertiseing.........goodbye good ridance..........
    Last edited by partsman; March 19th, 2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: gramer puctuation and a bunch of other things........

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by partsman View Post
    ~snip....
    Tom, this thread is all about taking a bad gun shop(yours) and making it into a better one.(mine) You have done nothing but badger and nitpick every time you post. I am growing tired of it. There are plenty of other threads in this forum with similar topics and discussion, no different than this one.

You think I'm slandering you or as you put it "liable" ??? That's textbook pathetic to me. (It’s spelled LIBEL by the way, look it up... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel_(disambiguation))

I would venture a guess that your comments could be construed as damaging to my business... but I trust that anyone with half a brain on their shoulders can see right through your disgruntled-employee babbling.
    To address the comment about Jay bankrolling my efforts, that is true. He offered, and I was flattered to say the least... but fully understood the sticky nature of such an arrangement. Any relationship I have with the Fisher's is strictly business and there is a very clear line drawn between us. Not one single cent has been given to me and not one single cent will be taken by me from the Fishers. I've supported this entire venture with money out of my own pockets... and I challenge ANYONE to prove otherwise.

As far as not being a licensed FFL... the application packet arrived today in the mailbox, so it won't be long before that claim of yours is also meaningless.

Again Tom, please just move on and get over the Gun Gallery. They are out of business and done with. I wish you luck in starting your own gun business, as you are no longer welcome in mine. Being the vindictive prick that I am... I will be sure to quickly stock the store with many of your most cherished gun, the Glock...
    I will also be sure to sell them cheaper than anyone else around... just to piss you off a little extra.

I cannot believe I allowed myself to be pulled into this kind of exchange. Maybe if I opened those fortune cookies I found all over the store, I might have seen this coming.
    My apologies to the rest of the readers.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; March 19th, 2010 at 03:31 AM.

(Berks County)

Smile Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

just like NFA rules you need to read and understand what you are saying: this clip is from the wiki page you linked,

Slander and libel
    The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel[5][6] (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action.

"Defamation" is the general term used internationally, and is used in this article where it is not necessary to distinguish between "slander" and "libel". Libel and slander both require publication.[7] The fundamental distinction between libel and slander lies solely in the form in which the defamatory matter is published. If the offending material is published in some fleeting form, as by spoken words or sounds, sign language, gestures and the like, then this is slander. If it is published in more durable form, for example in written words, film, compact disc (CD), DVD, blogging and the like, then it is considered libel." The debate whether Internet blogs or Bulletin Boards are publishers is a key subject being addressed, whereas an Internet based community is more akin to conversations in a bar or pub, with content being written as an ongoing dialogue that is generally not edited or regulated such as in the publishing industry.[8]

all i did was state a general observations that i an many others have seen you are the one that posted the stuff, not me.
    i never said anything about your character or you as a person you are the one that posted my personel information an the deformation of my character as a fraudulant person.................have fun

(Berks County)

Art,

I believe once everything is up and running you guys will be more than happy with not only the prices but also the customer service!

I went through the whole thread and saw this as a comment you made I don't understand how you will have customer service if you slam somebody like you did, not sure why Partsman's personal life was brought into this.....

(Berks County)

it would be nice if the Gun Range was honored, returning people = 10 dollars an hour.......plus they may purchase stuff also, I understand the Fishers took the money but you gotta figure out how to bring money in at the same time.

The layaways are a null point, your not responsible for that people will have to go to the small claims for that.

Art, if you don't get the FFL how will the gun range be able to be opened, I think your jumping the gun here all the work to the store and you don't have the FFL, will you be able to recoup the money you put into the store if it is not opened as a gun store? you have done a lot of good things just hope you dont get burned.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by limeygunut View Post
    Art,

I believe once everything is up and running you guys will be more than happy with not only the prices but also the customer service!

I went through the whole thread and saw this as a comment you made I don't understand how you will have customer service if you slam somebody like you did, not sure why Partsman's personal life was brought into this.....
    The constant badgering needs to stop. I thought Tom and I had a comfortable understanding, yet he continues to chime in with his two cents and has no idea what is going on at that store or the level of business involvement with my family. I have three brothers that are also sharing an interest in this new business. I tried being nice and playing politics with Tom but it was a waste of time. I've made numerous offers to him previously that even included possibly working there. Obviously it was a mistake. There were no "personal attacks"... simply honest observations. What really irked me is the general impression he gave that insinuated that I was somehow re-opening the old Gun Gallery and working for the Fishers. That couldn't be further from the truth. I've bent over backwards to stay clear of any previous issues with the Gun Gallery and will continue to do so.
    This is a brand new corporation and business. The only connection I have to the Fishers is a landlord - tenant agreement.

As far as range memberships are concerned...
    I cannot make a blanket statement that allows every previous Gun Gallery customer to waltz right through my doors and shoot up the range. Have you been to the range ? Have you seen all the bullet holes in the walls and ceiling? That kind of recklessness cannot continue. Every person that wants to shoot here will be dealt with on an individual basis. If they are previous Gun Gallery customers and they have a range membership card, they will still need to meet my requirements to shoot in the range. It's not "all about the money" it's about safety and security in the range. I couldn't care less about the $25/$35 annual membership fees. That is peanuts to me. What I will not do is allow past problem customers to return.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast