Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Looking to get a NY non resident LTC

Anyone have any prior knowledge that would help in getting it done as painless as possible. I have a PA LTCF and would like to be able to carry across state lines being I am 5 miles from a state line and am constantly traveling into NY.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Looking to get a NY non resident LTC

afaik they dont do non res carry permits. Hard enough for people to get them that live there.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    afaik they dont do non res carry permits. Hard enough for people to get them that live there.
    They do allow for non resident carry permits. That much I already know.

Sorry to inform you, but you have been misinformed. Unless you are rich and famous its not going to happen, period.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    Sorry to inform you, but you have been misinformed. Unless you are rich and famous its not going to happen, period.
    They do allow for certain non residents that can show need for an unrestricted LTC. I spoke to a person that drives across state lines everyday for his job which involves driving most of his day and he has a non resident unrestricted LTC. He claimed that he was granted unrestricted so that it could be kept either on him or in his vehicle while he worked, legally. A restricted would have stoped him from legally being able to cross state lines with his firearm.

(Lackawanna County)

I hired the former DA of stueben county at one point. He told me it took him three years and alot of money to get his resident license. If that doesnt give you a clear view of how that state it run... Its called a "may issue" state for a reason.
    Just sayin... Good luck

ETA
    http://handgunlaw.us/states/newyork.pdf
    New York will issue to non-Residents but you must have a very good reason. Most say you must have
    business concerns in the county etc etc. New York is a may issue state but some counties are almost shall
    issue. It depends on the county. Some counties make it impossible for the average citizen to obtain a permit
    to carry concealed. Do be warned that you must have very compelling reasons to even be considered.
    Last edited by YllwFvr; January 12th, 2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lackawanna County)

There is NO non-resident license in NY. If you have a business in NY, you MIGHT be able to get a premise permit for it; you cannot get a ccp without having your PRIMARY residence in NY state, and in general, it will be given as a 'restricted' permit, stamped 'target practice and/or hunting' only on the face.

Want to get the restriction dropped? It takes a judge's order!

Some counties are not as bad as others; I managed to have an unrestricted issued in a border county a few years back, since I was doing a lot of business in NYS; when renewal time came, the whole process starts again; since I didn't have a physical office in NYS, the renewal was denied by the new judge, and the county that I did most of my work in also told me that they would no longer honor the unrestricted out of xxxxxx county for personal protection.

I no longer have any clients in New York State. They were happy enough to suck back my tax money, but I'm not going into bad neighborhoods at bad times unprotected. I don't do New Jersey. I don't do Maryland. (MD decided that even though I was robbed at gunpoint twice, I didn't need a permit!).

Eff them all.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

I hired the former DA of stueben county at one point. He told me it took him three years and alot of money to get his resident license. If that doesnt give you a clear view of how that state it run... Its called a "may issue" state for a reason.
    Just sayin... Good luck

ETA
    New York will issue to non-Residents but you must have a very good reason. Most say you must have
    business concerns in the county etc etc. New York is a may issue state but some counties are almost shall
    issue. It depends on the county. Some counties make it impossible for the average citizen to obtain a permit
    to carry concealed. Do be warned that you must have very compelling reasons to even be considered.
    You could get a business permit if you have a business address within the county and you make and carry cash. Otherwise you need a multitude of credible threats against your life, Police reports, court records hospital admissions. Don't waste your time.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lackawanna County)

Just sayin... Good luck

ETA
    new york is gay.

(Montgomery County)

It may be quite a bit easier to get a big game license and bag your first Unicorn:

Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast