Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Granny Busted me.

Well went on a small shopping trip last evening to pick up a few supplies. The weather was nice for January, so I wore a fleece zippered jacket, with a M&P, OWB. The jacket covered the gun, so I was pretty much CC.

First stop, the better half wanted to stop at Jo Ann Fabrics. I normally wait in the car while she runs in, but today I decided to join her.

She got a new sewing machine, so she’s into making new things; we walked down the material isles. I’m pretty sure she picked up every piece of fabric and asked how do you think this would look… Blah Blah blah… Sure Hun that would look nice, I bet I said that twenty times.

Anyhow, Not sure how many of you guys and girls ever been into this store, but they have a little picnic table in the middle (its just a table with catalogues to browse to find patterns). I decided to take a seat and browse while she continued on her shopping.

It was a little warm there so I un zippered my jacket. After browsing the first catalogue, I figured it was pointless for me to continue browsing. So I stood up to see if I could see my better half. I sit back down in a reclined position (well as reclined as one can get in a stiffed back chair).

So I’m sitting there scanning the store and trying to entertain myself. I spotted a little old lady come into the store. So in my thoughts I put her in the Nascar circuit.
    In my mind I’m thinking.

“Now making her way onto the track, all the way from downtown, supporting the latest brown overcoat and white headgear, is granny!” She grabs a cart, and disappears. She reappears and my mind takes over. “Granny is now making her way into turn 4 of the Jo Ann Fabrics 2 lapper”. I than notice that she is walking towards me so I figure I better not stare any longer, so I looked down at the table.

I hear: Excuse me, I look up ( I was waiting for her to ask me to sponsor her on the next lap) and reply Yes Ma’am.

Are you a cop?
    No ma’am I’m not.
    Are you sure? Your awfully polite if your not.(I thought only thing I've said was M'am)
    I’m sure Ma’am that’s just how I was brought up.
    If your not a cop, why do you a have a gun?
    I than realized that when I was reclining that I must have lifted my arms above my head and my jacket slid past it.
    So I responded, that it’s a crazy society that we are living in and its better to be safe than sorry.
    She replied with I know things have changed since I was young, I don’t even like to watch the news anymore.
    I told her I agreed with her, she nodded.
    She than went on about how her husband wanted to get a pistol because they were in there 70’s and just could not defend themselves.

By than my better half and located me and I was getting the “evil eye” for talking about guns with a little older lady in a sewing store, so I informed her I had to get going and recommended some gun stores to check out if they were interested. She said she would pass the info to her husband who was out in the car. I told her to have a good evening and left.

I caught an earful in the car for it, but over all a pleasant trip.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Granny Busted me.

Sign up for the JoAnn Fabrics flier if you haven't. $.99 pattern coupons and 50% off any item in the store coupons are like heaven if you're into that sort of thing.

We got an AWESOME sewing machine on sale then minus 50% off a few years back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Well went on a small shopping trip last evening to pick up a few supplies. The weather was nice for January, so I wore a fleece zippered jacket, with a M&P, OWB. The jacket covered the gun, so I was pretty much CC.

First stop, the better half wanted to stop at Jo Ann Fabrics. I normally wait in the car while she runs in, but today I decided to join her.

She got a new sewing machine, so she’s into making new things; we walked down the material isles. I’m pretty sure she picked up every piece of fabric and asked how do you think this would look… Blah Blah blah… Sure Hun that would look nice, I bet I said that twenty times.

Anyhow, Not sure how many of you guys and girls ever been into this store, but they have a little picnic table in the middle (its just a table with catalogues to browse to find patterns). I decided to take a seat and browse while she continued on her shopping.

It was a little warm there so I un zippered my jacket. After browsing the first catalogue, I figured it was pointless for me to continue browsing. So I stood up to see if I could see my better half. I sit back down in a reclined position (well as reclined as one can get in a stiffed back chair).

So I’m sitting there scanning the store and trying to entertain myself. I spotted a little old lady come into the store. So in my thoughts I put her in the Nascar circuit.
    In my mind I’m thinking.

“Now making her way onto the track, all the way from downtown, supporting the latest brown overcoat and white headgear, is granny!” She grabs a cart, and disappears. She reappears and my mind takes over. “Granny is now making her way into turn 4 of the Jo Ann Fabrics 2 lapper”. I than notice that she is walking towards me so I figure I better not stare any longer, so I looked down at the table.

I hear: Excuse me, I look up ( I was waiting for her to ask me to sponsor her on the next lap) and reply Yes Ma’am.

Are you a cop?
    No ma’am I’m not.
    Are you sure? Your awfully polite if your not.(I thought only thing I've said was M'am)
    I’m sure Ma’am that’s just how I was brought up.
    If your not a cop, why do you a have a gun?
    I than realized that when I was reclining that I must have lifted my arms above my head and my jacket slid past it.
    So I responded, that it’s a crazy society that we are living in and its better to be safe than sorry.
    She replied with I know things have changed since I was young, I don’t even like to watch the news anymore.
    I told her I agreed with her, she nodded.
    She than went on about how her husband wanted to get a pistol because they were in there 70’s and just could not defend themselves.

By than my better half and located me and I was getting the “evil eye” for talking about guns with a little older lady in a sewing store, so I informed her I had to get going and recommended some gun stores to check out if they were interested. She said she would pass the info to her husband who was out in the car. I told her to have a good evening and left.

I caught an earful in the car for it, but over all a pleasant trip.
    Seems to be the rage among women...
    ΑΣΦ

Had a similar experience with a little old lady at a Wal-Mart who asked me to reach something for her and my shirt came up over my CC, she had a 1911 in her purse "was my husbands from the war"
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Mercer County)

Great story! And told really well, too. I love the NASCAR bit....
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Had a similar experience with a little old lady at a Wal-Mart who asked me to reach something for her and my shirt came up over my CC, she had a 1911 in her purse "was my husbands from the war"
    You didn't educate her on needing a License?

and gun safety?

and how guns are bad, and she really ought to get rid of it?

and you would be so kind as to get rid of it for her for ...oh....$50

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(York County)

kinda makes ya wonder just how many vintage 1911s & captured Lugers are out there in little ol ladies purses

@ OP ~ loved the peek into your mind with your way of entertaining yourself while waiting for the wife... I think we've all done something similar LOL.

& why did it surprise her that someone can be polite without being a LEO? I have learned that being a LEO requires a level of dickheadedness unpresented in other professions. (Probably why I only made it onto the we'll call ya if we get another opening lists 20 years ago when I was considering that line of work.)
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

How'd she lug that purse around?
    Little wheels on the bottom, like airline luggage?

(Allegheny County)

Did she really give you crap about talking to someone else that brought the subject up? Geez.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Think its time to work on your wife's attitude too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast