Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Choosing a CC holster

visit the web site www.jsholsters.com

(Allegheny County)

I'm torn between the Galco re-enforced Ultra Deep Cover and the Galco Summer Comfort for a Glock 26.
    Last edited by K.C.; January 12th, 2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: forgot a letter

When I picked up my PF9, I first tried using a belly band. I'm fairly skinny and don't have much meat on my hips. I found it was downright painful to carry at 3 oclock IWB. After talking to many on here, I decided to take the plunge. $80.00 later I had a crossbreed supertuck. Since then, I have never looked back. Was it expensive? Yep. Was it worth every....single...penny? Yep. I can walk around all day with my pf9 IWB now, and I even tend to forget it's there. This holster allows for serious deep concealment, while being extremely comfortable. If you are serious about carrying on a regular basis, it's definitely well worth your time to look into some of the better holsters. I think you'll find they are worth the cost, even if you must save for a little while.
    Last edited by Last Resort; January 12th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W M&P40c View Post
    I was at a local gun shop and picked up a BLACKHAWK IWB holster for $13! It is comfortable and best of all I could TRY IT ON before I spent $80 on some dead animal skin I never got to touch.
    This. Find yourself a shop that'll let you try a few on. At least get an idea of what you find comfortable. I found a few PERFECT fitting holsters for my various handguns all for under $25 each.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by algoesfast View Post
    http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...gbbscducor3er6

I love these holsters. Cheap and comfortable. With a good belt of course. I do a casual type carry. But the holster holds my gun tight to my side. I never tuck my shirts in and with my serpa you could tell I was carrying. With the J.I.T not overly noticeable.
    the Hume's get my vote as a decent cheap holster, I have a jit, and a 715 IWB for my mil-pro and both are great

(Cumberland County)

You may want to look into the universal holster. It carries over 150 different hand guns in 1 holster and is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. The biggest advantage is summer weather when its hot, it is the only holster you can conceal carry without a shirt and just your shorts. No extra clothing trying to cover up. Now you dont have to look like you are carrying your gun.

(Schuylkill County)

Galco Concealable with a galco belt, make sure you get a belt designed to hold a gun, forget the walmart belts, A Good belt will make alot all the difference in the world, and a quality holster will also help. you are gonna be buying alot of holsters till you find one that works for you,

Lots of people think the Cross breed super tuck is the bees knees I hate mine I dont find it comfortable at all.
    For an IWB I use Kramer leather for my 1911, and for owb I use a Mernickle, super high ride now, ps6. every body is different and what may work for me wont work for you. But as Curmudgen said dont go Serpa if you want to conceal they are not going to hide much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I'm also a Don Hume fan.
    As am I. The 715M is an excellent "starter" IWB. It's very reasonably priced, of excellent quality and well designed. I started with a Bianchi clip-on IWB for my Glock 19 and it was SO hard to get the gun in the holster that I was afraid I'd shoot myself trying. The Hume has a reinforced mouth that makes it MUCH easier to holster and reholster.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    As am I. The 715M is an excellent "starter" IWB. It's very reasonably priced, of excellent quality and well designed. I started with a Bianchi clip-on IWB for my Glock 19 and it was SO hard to get the gun in the holster that I was afraid I'd shoot myself trying. The Hume has a reinforced mouth that makes it MUCH easier to holster and reholster.
    would any of you guys with the iwb holsters be willing to meet up so I could try it out? I really like the look of the 721 open top, with my little SC it will barely go below my belt so it should be really easy to conceal. Any thoughts on not having a thumb break?

Just buy/try a bunch like the rest of us! Only kidding, what works for me may be the pits for you. It's trial and error. If you have friends that carry try their holsters might be a help. They ain't easy to ignore but it's our chioce to be armed.
    US Army 1965-1971

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast