Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Looks like we might have a "new" range on SGL 91

There is a thread over on HuntingPA.com about the SGL ranges.

If you are in Luzerne County you probably know about the range on Suscon Road thats been shut down for several years now. There is another, smaller range near Mountain Lake that was used by the PGC and other law enforcement officers. This range has never been open to the public as far as I know. I have shot there several times as a LEO. Our dept used it a few times. I got my first Firearms Instructor credentials on this range too.

Apparently, the PGC was supposed to make this open to the public. Seems the Fed's did some type of audit and bought this to the attention of the PGC. According to the thread, it states the PGC will open the range to the public.

This range is not very big. Maybe 50-60 yards at best and is designed as a handgun only range. There are no benches to shoot from, but there is a covered portion. The targets are like I said, 50-60 yards away from the shooting line as this range is set up for qualification type shooting, not the normal static shooting positions. They would have to erect new target backers at various distances to make this range work.

But, since I live down in WB, the opening of both these ranges would be a great big deal to me! I'd love having a handgun only range that close to home. However, the down side is the type of people that would frequent these ranges being that close to Wyoming Valley.

When the rifle range was open, about half the time it was filled with goofs, idiots or riff-raff. So I can just imagine what it would be like now.

This is the link to the thread: http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbt...e=1#Post348772
    Last edited by Steve in PA; August 15th, 2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Added link

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Looks like we might have a "new" range on SGL 91

HuntingPA.com ayh?? I knew I seen you somewhere else other than here and PDO.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Looks like we might have a "new" range on SGL 91

Yeah, I'm like cow patties........I'm all over the place