Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Just came back from the Middle East ... some gun photos to share

Great pics! Looks like you guys had an excellent time.

"Excuse me ladies...can I get a photo with you? You guys are famous back home, I'll be a hero if I get a pic with you!"

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Luzerne County)

the mistery gun the cop carreyd is a glilon aka micro galil
    the bull pup is a tavor the coolest gun I have ever handled
    we pray for peace but victory would also be ok

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    So you got to photograph all of those lovely guns but didn't get to play with any of them? Poor guy Nice pics Al, looks like an amazing trip.
    Haha...I wouldn't DARE asked.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    "Excuse me ladies...can I get a photo with you? You guys are famous back home, I'll be a hero if I get a pic with you!"
    Oh believe me, you guys were absolutely in my mind when I took that photo.

Quote Originally Posted by neshek770 View Post
    the mistery gun the cop carreyd is a glilon aka micro galil
    the bull pup is a tavor the coolest gun I have ever handled
    Ahhhh...the Tavor I almost recalled, but the Micro Galil I wouldn't have know. Thanks for the info.

Al

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post

Ahhhh...the Tavor I almost recalled, but the Micro Galil I wouldn't have know. Thanks for the info.

Al
    Welcome back Al. Looks like you had a great trip. As far as the Micro Galil, goes .. check out this tread http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/832...ence-list.html

Great pics. Looks like a lot of Yugo M92s and M16s. I was hoping that you would take some gun pics on your trip
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Philadelphia County)

I have heard of that mentioned before. Not by Buddhists though

Al
    There are old stela in India, I believe, mentioning Jesus' name while he was there. Other Buddhists I know are aware of this as well.
    Last edited by LisaA; January 12th, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Welcome back Al. Looks like you had a great trip. As far as the Micro Galil, goes .. check out this tread http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/832...ence-list.html

Great pics. Looks like a lot of Yugo M92s and M16s. I was hoping that you would take some gun pics on your trip
    Great reference!!! I saw a bunch of beat up Galil SARs but couldn't figure out what they were, but now know.

Al

(Bucks County)

Fabulous thread of pics! Thanks for posting.
    I also recently visited Jordan. I agree, it really was a "mind-changing" experience. Most, if not all, people there couldn't care less that I was an American.
    I gotta tell you, I had a hard time climbing up to the top view at Petra, being a bit out of shape. However, I did enjoy haggling with the Bedouin kids, who spoke in English curiously well, yelling out "two dinar, two dinar!"
    The only firearms/soldiers I saw there were these two guys guarding Ajlun Castle...

...can't make out the gun...
    Last edited by SierraPapa; January 12th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by condition1 View Post
    Fabulous thread of pics. I also recently visited Jordan. I agree, it really was a "mind-changing" experience. Most, if not all, people there couldn't care less that I was an American.
    I gotta tell you, I had a hard time climbing up to the top view at Petra, being a bit out of shape. However, I did enjoy haggling with the Bedouin kids, who spoke in English curiously well, yelling out "two dinar, two dinar!"
    The only firearms/soldiers I saw there were these two guys guarding Ajlun Castle...

...can't make out the gun...
    Very cool! We had one of these armed guard/police on the bus from the Israeli border to Petra. He was carrying an old Glock. There is such a mingle of of these guys. The Jordanian border guards dress in the exact same uniforms. The Jordanians carry mostly M4s as they buy the majority of their small arms from the US.

I was all over Petra. If you look hard enough in the picture below (middle of the latter 1/3), you'll see tiny me in the light blue Philly shirt running up the top of the royal tomb section.

At Petra, there were these guys:

I simply love the Bedouins. They are some of the most hospitable people I've ever came across. We spent a night at one of their camps. Most of them learn English from tourists.

Al

(Philadelphia County)

Very cool! We had one of these armed guard/police on the bus from the Israeli border to Petra. He was carrying an old Glock. There is such a mingle of of these guys. The Jordanian border guards dress in the exact same uniforms. The Jordanians carry mostly M4s as they buy the majority of their small arms from the US.

I was all over Petra. If you look hard enough in the picture below (middle of the latter 1/3), you'll see tiny me in the light blue Philly shirt running up the top of the royal tomb section.

At Petra, there were these guys:

I simply love the Bedouins. They are some of the most hospitable people I've ever came across. We spent a night at one of their camps. Most of them learn English from tourists.

Al
    that hat should be mandatory the owner grow a huge curly moustache. this thread makes me want an ak.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Allegheny County)

Al ... I was going to PM you about this but just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

It seems like you do a lot of international travel. Do you usually use a travel agent or do you guys kind of pick and choose everything? Are most of your travels guided by a tour guide or do you guys kind of go at it alone with maybe a guide here and there.

99% of the international traveling that I've done has been to "tourist" friendly places (France, Italy, Mexico). It was mainly us doing our own things and spending a day or two with a guide.

If there are some details that you don't want to share here, please just PM me. I would love to visit some of the places that you've been too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast