Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Angry Pa Instant Check System Will Be Down a While

I just got my letter from the Pa State Police saying that they will be working on the Instant Check System and it will be DOWN Sept 2nd thru Sept 6th. Knowing how the PA NICS system works I will be really surprised if they have it running by the 8th or 9th.

This is not only a pain in the ass for all PA gunowners who would like to buy or transfer a firearm during that week, but it is a FINANCIAL hardship for those of us who make our living in this business. I pay my bills and feed my kids with the money I generate in my store. When the store is closed I make ZERO.

We(dealers in PA) have no recourse and we will simply have to eat the loss.

This is just another small reason why the gun biz is not the greatest business to enter.

** Word to the wise for all you young guys that think owning a gun shop would be great ** DON'T DO IT!!!!! Go to school and get good grades, or learn a trade. This business will kill your love of firearms and make you bitter at the whole system.

If I could turn the hands of time back to when I walked out of Temple U with my degree, I would not have followed the same path again.

In closing I would like to thank the PSP for taking a weeks pay out of my pocket.
    Last edited by Seneca Arms Co. Inc.; August 13th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Scheduled Instant Check Outage 9/2 - 9/6

I got a letter today from the PSP. From Sept 02 thru Sept 06 the state Instant Check system will be down for the implementation of a new database. All checks during this time will be put on an "Undetermined" or "Denied" status.

THERE WILL BE NO APPROVAL NUMBERS ISSUED DURING THIS TIME.

I just wanted to make you guys aware of this. It's not your dealers fault if you walk in his store during those dates. Don't go whining to him about it, he's not happy about it either.

The letter says till the 6th but I would expect a few days of "Working the bugs out" after that date.

Again, this is just an FYI to you guys. You may now proceed with the rest of your lives.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Default Re: Scheduled Instant Check Outage 9/2 - 9/6

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    I got a letter today from the PSP. From Sept 02 thru Sept 06 the state Instant Check system will be down for the implementation of a new database. All checks during this time will be put on an "Undetermined" or "Denied" status.

THERE WILL BE NO APPROVAL NUMBERS ISSUED DURING THIS TIME.

I just wanted to make you guys aware of this. It's not your dealers fault if you walk in his store during those dates. Don't go whining to him about it, he's not happy about it either.

The letter says till the 6th but I would expect a few days of "Working the bugs out" after that date.

Again, this is just an FYI to you guys. You may now proceed with the rest of your lives.
    thanks for that info gropa..

(Berks County)

Damn and thats just before the gun show in Harrisburg... Talk about all the guys who wanna buy stuff there and it all being down....
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

This shows you why back ground check are no good. In NY the NICS was down douring 911( i assume the whole country) and only people with pistol permits were able to buy guns. They were exempt from NICS.

This can be used agains us gun owners in certain situations. Say civil unreast they stop all NICS checks and now no guns. The politicians wont tell you this. I think it is unconstitutional from the start but during the down time it is an absolute denial of the second A.

Just my thoughts.

(Jefferson County)

Hopefully the new database will fix my Instant Check calls from going to operator. I had prior denial, but received a reversal letter after clearing "something" up. You'd think that the flag that keeps popping up would have an automated "clear to go" once a reversal letter has been issued for that item.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pa Instant Check System Will Be Down a While

It's too bad this state isn't like others whereas if you have a CCW license, you can still purchase any firearm without the instant check.

(Erie County)

They are probably just setting up a new non-registration registration system

(Franklin County)

DON't feel lonely my friend.. Allot of us feel that way about the profession that we work in.. Keep your chin up..
    In God We Trust............................

(Allegheny County)

... They should just piggy back it off of the NCICS till PICS comes back up... imbociles with no backup plans.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast