Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: CCW Denial? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Much cheaper to maintain over time. FL is $117 the first time, and $107 for every renewal (5 years). UT is $65.25 the first time, and $10 to renew (also 5 years). There are some minor difference in state coverage too, but both give DE and OH, which are often sought because they border PA.
    FL is now 7 yrs.......

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    FL is now 7 yrs.......
    Good to know, but still is FAR more expensive per year.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

Voluntary delete.
    Last edited by govmule84; January 12th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Keep us posted!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lehigh County)

Voluntary delete.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by govmule84 View Post
    First, I don't think open carry is legal in cities of the first class, which Philadelphia is. I am pretty certain that is misinformation.

Second, I'm not about to get a lawyer. I've not done anything wrong yet, and I believe I am intelligent enough to fight this unassisted at this point in time.
    Yeah, it's clear you are going to do just fine

Not to mention you admitted to illegal activity and various other types of activity that you did not have to discuss. If you had contacted a lawyer before this, you think he would have told you to do that? Now you still don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you can charge ahead and dig yourself in deeper.

Get a GOOD lawyer, and make sure he knows what he is talking about. And verify his advice yourself. Come to think of it, get somebody else to verify his advice.
    Last edited by ungawa; January 10th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Voluntary delete.

(Delaware County)

Well, let's cover some things again.

First, I don't think open carry is legal in cities of the first class, which Philadelphia is. I am pretty certain that is misinformation.
    Been covered, as long as you have a valid LTCF or permit/license from a reciprocal state.

Second, I'm not about to get a lawyer. I've not done anything wrong yet, and I believe I am intelligent enough to fight this unassisted at this point in time.
    Lawyers are expensive, but with a specialized lawyer he'll know exactly what you do. Has nothing to do with your level of intelligence, the law in a court room is a tricky thing.

For instance, you admit that you admitted to the GPU that you have used an unlawful substance. That is where a good lawyer comes in.

Third, I am not going to stop posting.
    I am going to fight this, and live my normal life, in the hopes that those who come after me may reap the benefits. I am a good and safe citizen, and I will not be cowed into giving up my rights. I have the RIGHT to honestly post things, and I have the RIGHT to carry a weapon, or so sayeth our General Assembly. Rights not exercised are rights lost. I understand that this would be a prudent thing to do if I was only interested in getting my PA CCW. As it stands now, I can still carry on my FL permit, it looks like, and if this has to be a hill to die on, so be it. I'm trying to help others who are getting shafted like I am. Frankly, I'm not about to take it sitting down. This is MY country, and MY state, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'm supposed to sit down and shut up.
    I bet an attorney would feel differently, and since when did honesty have anything to do with the law?

I've done nothing to warrant a denial, and I'm going to make it a pain in the nether regions for PHL to keep me denied a permit.
    Well actually you admitted to the GPU that you have used an unlawful substance. Good luck with making it difficult for Philly.

Last, what advantages do a Utah license give me over my FL license? I am unsure as to why one would recommend it to me.
    Aside from the previously mentioned reasons, if an LEO was so inclined to take one of your permits/licenses you'd have another in your wallet to carry on with.

(Northampton County)

Who in God's name should have to contact a lawyer to find out about how to lie about a non-disqualifying offense on what should be a straight-forward government application? Who could know that was necessary?
    I know someone who did just that (but no lying) and got approved by following legal advice.

As far as not open carrying, sure, I was mistaken. Sue me. I did thirty seconds of research and found that I was wrong. If I can read the law, and interpret it realistically, I think you're one hundred percent right: I'll do just fine.
    In your research travels have you been able to (competently) confirm that you are entirely out of jeopardy of prosecution for admitting illegal drug use? Including under federal law?

Get two lawyers. That's a farce. You do that. As for me, I'll find some cooler heads to whisper to.
    Someone in this state's government got to be able to help me.
    Say what? You want help from the government on this?

I didn't say get two lawyers. I said you should get someone other than yourself to verify your lawyer's advice.

It's kind of hard to believe you'd actually support this flawed, flawed system, ungawa. Protecting oneself is not the domain of rich men: It's a God-given right, not a privilege conferred by man.
    What system do you presume I support? The system where you state you are going to find someone in state government to solve your problems for you?

I appreciate your convictions. Good luck. This time around, try to learn something from your experience.

(Luzerne County)

OP, in regards to your comments about attorneys and what Phila "must" do for you... I'm not sure you understand what you are up against.

Relying on the system to be just and fair is partially what got you into this pickle. Why would you think relying on the system would get you OUT of it?

Please don't take this as a slam. But from this angle you seem to think that there is a way you can talk sense your way through this. People have successfully won appeals through PPD firearms appeals board, but they went with a comprehensive knowledge of the process and what works and what doesn't... Just like a good attorney. I hope you realize you have a LOT to learn and research, as well as some education on when and what to say when your turn comes before you stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning without an experienced attorney.

Either way, I wish you luck. Let us know if there are specific Q's you need help with and please remain open minded to what feedback folks are offering you here.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast