Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well its over

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Well its over

This was my best season ever. It ended on Dec. 30th.

I took a 7 point basket rack buck back in October. It was my first buck and my first deer with a bow. I posted a pic in the other thread. It wasn't a huge buck by any means but I'm sure proud of it for being my first. I still have to finish mounting the rack and my girlfriend got a couple of pictures framed for me for Christmas.

I also got a doe with the flintlock on Dec. 30. Both deer were taken in 3C in Bradford county and I still have an unused doe tag for up there but I was done after I got the doe.

I can not wait for next season! We saw tons of turkeys up there this year and I think I have a good shot at taking my first gobbler this spring.

(Fayette County)

Worst archery season I can remember in PA. Early and late season combined (not counting Ohio) I saw a total of two (2) deer all season on public land. A doe with a very small fawn. I decided to pass due to the size of the small deer, plus being that I only saw these two deer all season I didn't feel right taking the doe.

I passed on a bunch of does in Ohio because the trail cams had some huge bucks and I wanted the does around for the rut. I never got a shot at one of the big ones.

I took a doe the first day of rifle in PA. I was hunting private land and the landowner asked us to take out a few does if we could. I wanted some meat for the freezer so I took the first mature doe I had a clear shot at.

I definitely plan to start scouting in February or March and won't go out next archery season without a better game plan and some more productive areas found. I love to bow hunt but you can only take so many days of sitting in a Lone Wolf climber and only seeing squirrels and birds, LOL.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Allegheny County)

pretty good year so far. still have a week and a half left for rifle doe season here in 2B. took a nice 8 point in archery season, took a fall turkey, and a small doe in rifle season. might go out tonight and try to put another one in the freezer.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Been eyeing up some city deer recently, next year I'm going after a big Pgh buck

(Delaware County)

Still at it here in 5C and 5D but I think I'm done for the season. Wound up with three deer. One archery and two shotgun,all antlerless. I didn't see many bucks at all this season.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Bucks County)

Well I had one shot and I blew it...time to get out the turkey calls and start practicing. I'll start scouting late March and be ready for the opening of spring gobbler!

(Chester County)

Three doe so far. All good sized. I saw a few bucks, but they way down from the last several years. I'll be going out today and probably one more time this year . I still have three antlerless tags left.
    I hunt special regs area so we have 7 days left.

Didn't see a whole lot of deer this year. However, I did manage to get my first buck this year! I'm pretty psyched about that, even though it was just a 6 pointer.

I just got back into hunting these last two years, and wish I would have stuck with it more as a youngster...oh well, live and learn I guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123