Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Unhappy Advice on 15 day research period

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and I am enjoying PAFOA very much. Many of you are very insightful and its pleasing that you are all willing to share your knowledge. I have recently attempted to purchase both a rifle and a hand gun for the first time. I could not choose which I would rather have for my first fire arm so I bought 2. I have wanted a gun for a while now but could not afford one. So, I went to the gun store and picked the 2 out and then the PICS sent me into research. I guess they said the y had 15 days to research me. I do not have anything on my record. Not even a speeding ticket. However, I am a JR.. My father has the same name as me other than the Jr. suffix. I am very worried that the psp will get him and I confused. I supplied my ssn just in a hope that they could know me form the rest of the world. It has been a week so far. It feels horrible to have a gun in your hand that you want to purchase and then be told that you have to wait to see if you need to file papers to clear your identity. Any info would be appriciated.
    thanks-

Default Re: Advice on 15 day research period

I swear I've seen a post very similar to this not that long ago....
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    I swear I've seen a post very similar to this not that long ago....
    Here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/769...-list-wtf.html

Quote Originally Posted by aeternus menti ludicrum View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and I am enjoying PAFOA very much. Many of you are very insightful and its pleasing that you are all willing to share your knowledge. I have recently attempted to purchase both a rifle and a hand gun for the first time. I could not choose which I would rather have for my first fire arm so I bought 2. I have wanted a gun for a while now but could not afford one. So, I went to the gun store and picked the 2 out and then the PICS sent me into research. I guess they said the y had 15 days to research me. I do not have anything on my record. Not even a speeding ticket. However, I am a JR.. My father has the same name as me other than the Jr. suffix. I am very worried that the psp will get him and I confused. I supplied my ssn just in a hope that they could know me form the rest of the world. It has been a week so far. It feels horrible to have a gun in your hand that you want to purchase and then be told that you have to wait to see if you need to file papers to clear your identity. Any info would be appriciated.
    thanks-
    You got off easy, I have bought numerous guns, and Thursday, I was denied....
    Now have to wait for PSP to get their shit straight, could be 60 days.......

I have been in "research status" twice. No big deal except for the hassle. The research needs to be done by a human instead of the computer. Someone may have used your social, a person with your date of birth may have an active PFA, etc.... Have no fear. You will be fine.
    Jules

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    They just have you listed as "Asshole/Frequent Gun Buyer"

Suprising they don't have a dedicated phone number just for you

I'll by your XDm before they come for ya... Maybe they been monitoring you on the email

maybe rendell passed out layoffs to pics psp workers cuz thay didn't support his gambling tax habit
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(York County)

Holy Crap! Now I understand your post on my facebook page that night.

Maybe they put you on their ignore list LOL
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Lehigh County)

Angry Re: Advice on 15 day research period

Thanks for the advice. I am just stressing that my father, whom is a bit of a whack job, used my information at some point. I am hoping he did not because he has been in trouble multiple times. My friend said his first gun purchase was under review for a about 2 weeks and he had at least 3 drug and paraphernalia charges. I do not have anything on my record so I hope this gets straightened out without me having to go through appealing non sense. Its crazy. I understand that they need to have some form of system that keeps weapons out of the hands of crazies, terrorists, and madmen, but I gave them the ID's they provide to declare who I am. Their driver licence which has such cool counterfeiting stamp nonsense and their social security card which is another form of measure to ensure I am who I say I am. The licences does not even help me to buy a pack of cigarettes. They still run the stupid thing through a credit card scanner. Its like, ya I went through all the trouble to purchase all the equipment to be able to print out PA licences that have holograms in them to buy a pack of cigarettes. Are you F***ing crazy? The whole world is so super paranoid and scared that we cant even function correctly. Perhaps I am speaking too soon, maybe the PICS will come back approved soon, but I really doubt this is necessary. They should just tattoo my forehead and get it over with. haha

aeternus,

More than likely, You'll be fine in the end. However if you think someone has accessed your Credit, SSN for whatever reason, You should pull a Credit Check on yourself and join something like Lifelock to prevent future problems.

Good Luck and let us know what you bought.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast