Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist77 View Post
Something I've been thinking about doing is getting my wife a LTCF, even though she probably wouldn't carry regularly. My reasoning is that there are a few scenarios that would be convenient if she had a permit: 1) if we're out together in our vehicle and I leave my pistol in the glove box or etc. (to go into PO or etc.) with her in the car alone, or 2) if we switch cars etc. for some reason and she ends up alone in my car with pistol in the vehicle 3) we have some medical emergency where I end up headed to hospital etc. and she needs to take possession 4) situation where I need to arm her to help stabilize a situation, and of course in general would give her the option to carry on her own.
Actually you are already covered in most instances you cite under 18 Pa CSA 6106(b)(13) --
(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm
This should not dissuade her from getting the LTCF. Its the best of all worlds but, in the interim, you can rest at ease regarding vehicle transport in your vehicle.