Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Robinson XCR or Sig 556?

I am in the market for a black rifle.

I am hoping anyone out there that has any experience with either of these rifles will inform me as to the good and the bad of either.

I have handled the Sig on a number of occasions, but have never fired one. I have only see pictures of the XCR, but have heard a lot of good thing about them.

Any help?

(Fulton County)

Wink Re: Robinson XCR or Sig 556?

Get the XCR with the heavy barrel

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Robinson XCR or Sig 556?

They're definitely pricey. I've been holding off on an AR because of the XCR but I'm waiting til they have the 7.62 cal conversion kit.

Their site says they're ready to go, they just need to have mags made for them. I'm skeptical because they've had that posted for months and months now.

/Why do companies market a concept they cannot bring to fruition?
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Delaware County)

I am looking for a 5.56 version with the folding stock. A previous poster recommended the heavy barrel but gave no reasons.

I already have two Colt ARs and was looking to sell one and get the XCR.

I called around and no one seems to have one in stock locally. I would like to fondle one before making a decision.

(Allegheny County)

Let me know when you want to shoot mine.

I vote XCR, but my brothers Sig 556 will be here Wednesday. From playing with the 556 in the store, I would 100% say get the XCR. WARNING: I have not shot the 556.

However, my XCR has almost 10,000 rounds through it, about 7000 wolf and zero malfunctions of any kind, what so ever. I rec. a trigger job on them also, Dell's did mine for $75.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/gun-pictu...e-ak-nope.html

I go to Classic pistol 2-3x's per week (including tomorrow night, probably around 7) if you want to shoot it. BTW, I have the pencil barrel. It's already plenty accurate and the added weight of a HBAR on an already somewhat heavy carbine wouldn't feel right. It balances perfect right now and is more than accurate for your short-medium range targets.

Also, some time next week my brother and I are both going to CP, so you could compare them both.
    Last edited by itstock; August 13th, 2007 at 10:56 PM.

(Delaware County)

Thank you for the offer. If I can make it, I definitely will. Where did you get the XCR?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    Thank you for the offer. If I can make it, I definitely will. Where did you get the XCR?
    I ordered it from Claytons in Horsham (only deal with John). If you go to the robarms website, you can find a list of dealers.

Also, the new order XCR's have a hand adjustable gas system, instead of the simple wrench.

(Fulton County)

i didnt give a reason for the heavy barrel because i think the heavy barrel would be more accurate, and would be stiffer so the barrel would have less vibration

do you have a pencil barrel on your ARs?

(Delaware County)

nope.

I figured that you had the preference for heavier barrel because you found a fault with the XCR pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by itstock View Post
    Let me know when you want to shoot mine.

I vote XCR, but my brothers Sig 556 will be here Wednesday. From playing with the 556 in the store, I would 100% say get the XCR. WARNING: I have not shot the 556.

However, my XCR has almost 10,000 rounds through it, about 7000 wolf and zero malfunctions of any kind, what so ever. I rec. a trigger job on them also, Dell's did mine for $75.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/gun-pictu...e-ak-nope.html

I go to Classic pistol 2-3x's per week (including tomorrow night, probably around 7) if you want to shoot it. BTW, I have the pencil barrel. It's already plenty accurate and the added weight of a HBAR on an already somewhat heavy carbine wouldn't feel right. It balances perfect right now and is more than accurate for your short-medium range targets.

Also, some time next week my brother and I are both going to CP, so you could compare them both.
    Very very nice rifle. Is that an ACOG sight on top? I handled an XCR a few weeks back, very nice and balance rifle. More so than the Sig 556 which I thought was a little nose heavy (don't know what but it seems that thick hand guard add to the un balanced weight). I am digging out the changes in my couch now to save up on the domestic AUG from Microtech, whenever that thing comes out, he he hehh.

1FingrCHan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast