Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First time handgun owner

Hey all,

Just bought my first handgun the other day, a fn herstal fnp 40, and I must say I'm very pleased. I did a 6 year stint in the army as a 12B, including 34 months in Iraq, and despite all my experience with the M16/M4/249/240B, I never fired a pistol. Luckily, I own my own handgun now, and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. I guess I'm just saying hi, as I just joined this site following my purchase. I'm on the lookout for places to shoot near state college, as well as people that would ever be interested in getting together to do so. So, Hi I guess, glad to be amongst you.

Andrew Custer

Default Re: First time handgun owner

Congrats and welcome! There is much to be read, seen, and learned on this forum. And watch out for addiction... that first handgun will gain some friends before you know it!

Yeah I've noticed that it's much like tattoos. I bought my fnp 2 days ago, and much like ink, I'm already scratching for more. Looking for a 3" Springfield XD subcompact 9mm in OD green now, rounds are a bit cheaper so I'll have a much greater chance to practice. Anyways, thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to PAFOA

Post in the Regions section, I'm not sure what county state college is in but, they are all represented pretty well. Your FN will serve you well.... enjoy and get out and shoot it often
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Monroe County)

Hey Andrew , i see you have good taste in Guns, i have the FNP .40 too , excellent gun and well made too here in the usa, super reliable with a nice trigger too.

THe XD subcompact in green is a nice gun too, i dont own one but i like it too, welcome. And thanks for your service.

Nyman

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Hey Andrew , i see you have good taste in Guns, i have the FNP .40 too , excellent gun and well made too here in the usa, super reliable with a nice trigger too.

THe XD subcompact in green is a nice gun too, i dont own one but i like it too, welcome. And thanks for your service.

Nyman
    Yes! Thank you!
    Welcome!

(Lehigh County)

I was SO close to buying an FNP 9. It felt so good in my hand, and I heard it has one of the lightest recoils and best 9mm trigger around. If i ever buy another 9mm carry gun, thats the one. FNH is good stuff.

Just a question though, if you were in the military and did time in Iraq, dont they issue you a side arm for backup? Army gets the M9 i thought......

i dont know what 12B is so if thats an ignorant question im sorry lol

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReelBig20 View Post
    Hey all,

Just bought my first handgun the other day, a fn herstal fnp 40, and I must say I'm very pleased. I did a 6 year stint in the army as a 12B, including 34 months in Iraq, and despite all my experience with the M16/M4/249/240B, I never fired a pistol. Luckily, I own my own handgun now, and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. I guess I'm just saying hi, as I just joined this site following my purchase. I'm on the lookout for places to shoot near state college, as well as people that would ever be interested in getting together to do so. So, Hi I guess, glad to be amongst you.

Andrew Custer
    ReelBig20:

Welcome and Thank You for your service. I am local here in the SC area as well. I typically shoot at Scotia Range out at the north end of town. I recently (last week) purchased another new handgun, but have not had the chance to hit the range yet because of work. If you would like to try to get together some time soon - post under the Centre County section too. I hope to get out there either Tues or Wed of next week. We could always meet at Wally-N if you do not know how to get to Scotia.

What I like to do - and will do as soon as I can check availability - is announce a day and time and the guns that I will be bringing along. That way if others want to try what I have they can shoot a couple times OR if they really want to get the feel for a gun they can bring along their own ammo and go wild.

Yeah I've noticed that it's much like tattoos. I bought my fnp 2 days ago, and much like ink, I'm already scratching for more.
    AGREED on both

(Berks County)

hey Everyone,

I also Just got my first Handgun a couple months ago and just joined the site.

Andrew what made you select these Handgun's?
    Well like the other guy said you got Nice taste.

After alot of research I went with a Springfield XD 45. Compact 4''
    I added some extra's When I get time I wanna Take some picture's and add them to the site.

Don't they shoot Pistols in Basic Training.I wanted to join But I had a Kid and Could not find myself to leave her. Well I also Just wanted to say hello.

Hope to see you around the site.

Quote Originally Posted by GunMan21 View Post
    I was SO close to buying an FNP 9. It felt so good in my hand, and I heard it has one of the lightest recoils and best 9mm trigger around. If i ever buy another 9mm carry gun, thats the one. FNH is good stuff.

Just a question though, if you were in the military and did time in Iraq, dont they issue you a side arm for backup? Army gets the M9 i thought......

i dont know what 12B is so if thats an ignorant question im sorry lol
    12B, which is actually 21B now, is a combat engineer. Unfortunately no, they didn't issue us sidearms, and they wouldn't even let us take our own. They did have a decent amount of M9s, but they are Berettas from so long ago that they have the accuracy of a cheap paintball gun. Probably better used as a paperweight or to throw at the enemy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast