Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default old ammo disposal

I found a few boxes of 38 cal reloads in the rafters of the in-laws garage. I wouldn't attempt to fire them due to their condition. Any ideas as to how I can safely dispose of them?
    Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: old ammo disposal

ammo doesn't really go bad if stored properly, if you found it in the rafters it is probably dry and safe to shoot, worst case is moisture got in and ruined them and they won't fire, if you don't feel like it you can give them to someone else, or else pull them for components

(Chester County)

you could pull them apart with pliers or just throw them in an outdoor fire. the go "bang" but dont really shoot more than a few feet. ive done it many times.

(such activities were performed by professionals or under the supervision of professionals; accordingly XACEX insists that you do not attempt to recreate or reinact any of the stunts you have seen in this post)

(Montgomery County)

Do not throw them in a fire, it is not a good idea.

Post an ad here in the classifieds, I am sure someone would come take them off your hands for free. Make them sign a disclaimer if you wish stating that you will not be liable etc...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Offer them as components in the classifieds. someone can salvage the brass, and the heads with a bullet puller.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Luzerne County)

Unknown reloads (regardless of age) are to be considered "components", IMO.
    I would sell them as such or pull them and re-use/sell the components, minus the (unknown type) powder.
    Spread the powder on your lawn. It's A+ fertilizer. (true)

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

when I was a range officer, we would put the rounds in a can of oil. In today's time I think vegetable oil would be fine. The oil, over time, seeps into the cartridge and destroys the propellant.
    Accuracy International AWM .300 WM (S&B 3-12x Mil), Remington 700DS Tactical (S&B 3-12x Bryant), Marlin 1895 GG (Kahles 1-4x), M1A Match, XM15E2S, SKB 12gau, Enfield no4 Irish Contract (1954), Springfield XD Sub Compact .40, Kimber Raptor II, Colt Series 70 NM, Springfield Long Slide .45, S&W Mod 10, Ruger Mk II Target, Browning Buckmark Varmint (Leup 2x), Beretta 96FSC, Walther P99, and many more...

Quote Originally Posted by phulklip View Post
    I found a few boxes of 38 cal reloads in the rafters of the in-laws garage. I wouldn't attempt to fire them due to their condition. Any ideas as to how I can safely dispose of them?
    Thanks
    Send them to me, I could use the components.....