Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrisburg OC

(Dauphin County)

Default Harrisburg OC

I currently work in the City of Harrisburg but haven't traveled around the city limits too much since I started OCing most of the time. I haven't heard of any OC experiences with HPD other than the member who was hassled by Dunkin Donuts (still haven't heard if anything came of that). Below are past two times I've been in the city outside of my normal travel to work. Both times I was OCing and saw some HPD officer(s).

1/4 - Drove out to "the hood" (1400 block of Market St) to donate and distribute some winter clothing during lunchtime. As I pulled up and was unloading I saw a HPD vehicle in the alley 2 parking spaces up from me. While I was unloading some boxes I noticed the officer looking at me but he shortly drove on. I'm not sure if he noticed that I was OCing or simply noticed a white male in his mid 20's getting out of a brand new car in a notoriously shady area.

1/8 - Stopped in the A+ mini mart to pick up some snacks. As I was in line I noticed a HPD officer in the corner starring at me while having a conversation with an employee. I hadn't noticed him on the way in but he had a clear view of my back & strong side most of the time I was in the store. After I paid for my goods and got back inside my car the officer exited the store, looked at me, then proceeded back to his patrol car.

I think both of these were "good" encounters because they were mostly non-encounters. Also both times I thought that I would at least get engaged in conversation because of the part of town but it didn't happen.
    Last edited by HBGMarine; January 8th, 2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: grammatical error
    Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Harrisburg OC

you're going to ruin it for the rest of us.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by HBGMarine View Post
    I haven't heard of any OC experiences with HPD other than the member who was hassled by Dunkin Donuts (still haven't heard if anything came of that).
    Helby 13 and I did have a friendly encounter with the Capitol Police during the November tea party on the Capitol steps in Harrisburg: http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...tml#post975511
    We were both carrying pistols and AR-15s.
    Proud friend of the Noble family.

I live in H-burg as well... I have seen a guy at Walmart OC... Other then that no... I never really OC so... That keeps me out of your statistics...
    ΑΣΦ

(Dauphin County)

I live in Harrisburg as well, And OC from time to time. Havent had any issues with police in Harrisburg or other surrounding townships (Susquehanna and lower Paxton) or Walmart for that matter either

(Lebanon County)

Nice. Welcome to the darkside

I've been a number of places around Harrisburg with no issues
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...c-journal.html
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by HBGMarine View Post
    I haven't heard of any OC experiences with HPD other than the member who was hassled by Dunkin Donuts (still haven't heard if anything came of that).
    Yeah...I remember that. What ever happened with that situation?

By the way...welcome to the boring life of OC!
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Allegheny County)

Yeah...im the guy who got hassled at the Dunkin Donuts. Unfortunately, a few days after that incident I had to go to Las Vegas for work and have still yet to return to Pennsylvania. It was just kind of hard to get the ball moving from half a country away.

I contacted some lawyers via email and some by phone with the particulars of the case but no one got back to me. Got swamped with work in Vegas and put it on the back burner. I'll be returning to the commonwealth in a few weeks so maybe i'll reach out to another attorney or two and see if its not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by prophet23 View Post
    Yeah...im the guy who got hassled at the Dunkin Donuts. Unfortunately, a few days after that incident I had to go to Las Vegas for work and have still yet to return to Pennsylvania. It was just kind of hard to get the ball moving from half a country away.

I contacted some lawyers via email and some by phone with the particulars of the case but no one got back to me. Got swamped with work in Vegas and put it on the back burner. I'll be returning to the commonwealth in a few weeks so maybe i'll reach out to another attorney or two and see if its not too late.
    hmmm.. I am sure someone on here will know someone who can help ya
    ΑΣΦ

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by prophet23 View Post

I didn't get a chance to read the original post but if you feel that you were wronged by the police, then please do take action. As Adam said, if you're looking for a lawyer there's bound to be someone on the board who could recommend one to you.
    Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast