Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    (York County)

Default Re: I was just caught in the middle of a shoot out

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    You're alive!

I know there's been some bad activity at Kiwanis Lake but your area is not a "bad" part of York but sadly it has it's moments.

http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_28187508...morial-weekend

I wasn't here when it happened and it was a quality thread. Thought other newbs like me should see it.

Actually found it doing a search for York Fair CC threads to see if they had a policy on carrying. Didn't really matter since I just concealed anyway. The place was crawling with cops...so I bet the rest of the city went wild since at least half of the whole (shrinking) police force was there.

Carried without incident. I think one guy noticed, he had a weird stare and I actually saw him a few times over the night...wit the same weird stare. No way in hell I'm going to the York Fair unarmed...especially when the parking is in an unlit alley.

Yep any neighborhood has it's moments. just look at those gated communities with million dollar homes that have residents like the New England Patriots player who shot that guy last year. Lets not forget things like the Simpson double homicide too.
    A few years ago a woman in a rural area near here was sitting on her porch talking on the phone, when someone snuck up behind her & slit her throat. He turned out to be a truck driver who was just passing by on the highway & decided he felt like killing some random person. Nowhere is 100% safe.
    Statistics show that it's more dangerous to live in York than in Philly, but there is a lot less crime in York, there are just more people in Philly to make the per capita victim rate lower there.

As for the fair, I have a couple friends who have open carried there and lots of friends and myself who CC there just as we do any other place on a day to day basis. Never any issues with carrying at the fair either way.
    As far as the guy giving you the stink eye. That likely had nothing to do with your CC'd gun. It's the fair. It brings out all the facets of humanity. Could have been one of our locals or a carny traveling with one of the attractions, either way fairs, carnivals & the like are a magnet for those that are kinda off as well as those of us who are not so kinda off LOL Everyone likes the bad for ya food & the pretty lights & the circus & pig races & animals & rides & music & shows, and MY personal favorite... PEOPLE WATCHING!!!
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    Yep any neighborhood has it's moments. just look at those gated communities with million dollar homes that have residents like the New England Patriots player who shot that guy last year. Lets not forget things like the Simpson double homicide too.
    A few years ago a woman in a rural area near here was sitting on her porch talking on the phone, when someone snuck up behind her & slit her throat. He turned out to be a truck driver who was just passing by on the highway & decided he felt like killing some random person. Nowhere is 100% safe.
    Statistics show that it's more dangerous to live in York than in Philly, but there is a lot less crime in York, there are just more people in Philly to make the per capita victim rate lower there.

As for the fair, I have a couple friends who have open carried there and lots of friends and myself who CC there just as we do any other place on a day to day basis. Never any issues with carrying at the fair either way.
    As far as the guy giving you the stink eye. That likely had nothing to do with your CC'd gun. It's the fair. It brings out all the facets of humanity. Could have been one of our locals or a carny traveling with one of the attractions, either way fairs, carnivals & the like are a magnet for those that are kinda off as well as those of us who are not so kinda off LOL Everyone likes the bad for ya food & the pretty lights & the circus & pig races & animals & rides & music & shows, and MY personal favorite... PEOPLE WATCHING!!!
    I was printing a little but you're probably right, he was just mad at me because an ugly dude like me scored a hot wife and he was asking "why not me?".

Every year I say it's a waste of money and then I go back the next year. Hey, the children love it.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Juniata County)

Stick around :-)
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Murder, likely a gang/drug shooting in his neighborhood yesterday.

"Dontary din do nuffin"

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/crime/...ting/79486440/
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

"The Avenues" have become "The Ghetto" it seems.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Update, damn!

This case looks like a bad rap video. Dead guy was previously shot in same neighborhood before, possibly by the same homeboy...sawed-off shotgun and silver revolver, bag of cocaine.

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/crime/...ting/79720084/

**sorry to keep bumping this old thread but it's in the same neighborhood and getting the original poster to respond would be great...hope he's staying safe.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627