Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Question on inexpensive magazines

Looking to buy a couple inexpensive magazines for a 9mm Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro, and perhaps an inexpensive belt magazine carrier. I know for alot of classes they want you to have at least 2-3 magazines and I have 1 currently. It would appear everywhere I look they want like 37-40$ for one of these. As far as the carry pouch for it, just need something to carry them for classes and maybe if I get to the point where I can hit a target I might even (gasp) try competition some time. So any suggestions on which kinda magazine carrier to get and a cheap place for magazines is welcome.

thanks,

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Question on inexpensive magazines

www.midwayusa.com not sure how good they are
    http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe...341***10285***

also www.gunclips.net This place has MecGar made which I use in my Beretta with no rpoblems
    Last edited by Headhunter 13; August 12th, 2007 at 08:00 PM.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Centre County)

Uncle Mikes probably makes the least expensive mag carriers. Should be able to get them most anywhere. Cheapest would probably be Midway or Natchez Shooters Supply. Mecgar magazines seem to be ok if you're not going to buy original equipment. OE might be more expensive but you know that they are going to work. Look at CDNN, Midway, Natchez, Brownells for good quality mags.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Westmoreland County)

Magazines are the weakest link in an auto-loading pistol. This is not the place to economize. Very few aftermarket magazines can equal the quality of the OEM counterpart. Another cold, hard reality is that magazines are disposable items. Good ones can last a long time but they do have a finite life span.

I've found that 9mm mags intended for other Taurus pistols will fit the Millenium, sometimes they will need a new slot cut in with a Dremel or a file. This allows you to shoot more than the 10 rounds of the standard mag, although it does create that monopod look with the extra several inches of mag sticking out under the mag well. Looks sort of cool, but doesn't help with concealed carry.

It also looks like some Beretta mags will fit with some tweaking, but I haven't tried that out.

You can sometimes find deals on mags on Gunbroker, although that site has a lot of work to be done to get their servers to be reliable, and I wouldn't bid on a Dutch auction because their rules are incomprehensible (for example, you will pay more as the sole bidder than if someone bids against you, if you bid anything more than the opening minimum.) But if you do some research so you know what mags will fit your weapon, and buy a couple of mags at once, you can get a deal.

(Berks County)

so far mec gar has been good to me with my hi power and my gold cup

from my past dealings I can confidenty state to stay away from Triple K mags

I have tried to use them for a colt jr and a walther ppk and the mags were total junk

right now cdnn is having a sale so you might get lucky there

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

just go there and click the download new catalogue linky

good luck

(Lawrence County)

Ebay is great for mag holders/pouches... I bought a 3 mag pouch on there really cheap... The one strap broke, I told the guy to make sure they made any other ones double stitched. Here, I had gotten a defective one so he sent me out a new one at no cost... I sewed the old one up and gave it to EmptyMag... They work great and for shooting, you just fold the flap behind the belt. No resistance either...
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Berks County)

MEC GAR actually do the OEM magazine fabrication for most of the manufacturers out there today. I actually contacted a couple of manufacturers reps that I've met over the years and they all said that MEC GAR is the way to go for quality mags without having to pay the OEM prices.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Ebay is great for mag holders/pouches... I bought a 3 mag pouch on there really cheap... The one strap broke, I told the guy to make sure they made any other ones double stitched. Here, I had gotten a defective one so he sent me out a new one at no cost... I sewed the old one up and gave it to EmptyMag... They work great and for shooting, you just fold the flap behind the belt. No resistance either...
    As of today you can scratch ebay off the list for magazines

http://www.vendio.com/mesg/read.html...&thread=664505

each day the infintile of wit continue to endanger our once proud republic.(

(Allegheny County)

Cool thanks for all the replies. Yeah EvilBay is out, not looking for the cheapest no-name mags possible but just was looking for some place that had like pro-mag or non-oem mags at a decent price. I have bought mags for my other pistol and they were not that expensive and have held up nice. Called Gander Mountain on a whim LOL they have non-oem mags and they are STILL 50$ a pop....crazy. I will check out some of these sites people listed and see who has a decent price.

thanks again,
    Monty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast